City Feet message board

Pages: (16) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Barefoot girls in Manchester, walking videos
Mike123
Posted: Jan 10 2022, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2434

I came across this channel in the last few days.

https://www.youtube.com/c/STRAVELS4K/videos

It features lengthy films - around 20 to 30 minutes each of Manchester nightlife by a guy (assume it's a guy) who takes high resolution films as he wanders around Manchester (mostly Manchester though there's a couple of films from Leeds).

Loads of footage of women in their clubbing gear which is nice in and of itself but of course, there's the occasional glimpse of those girls who have discarded their heels and are wandering the cold, dirty streets of Manchester barefoot.

Now, he's not 'one of us' so he doesn't focus on these barefoot girls - a real shame - but they are there. And yes, it is a bit like prospecting for gold, having to sift through many minutes of footage for a brief sighting of barefoot girl Heaven but if you put in the hours there is reward to be had. Just a word of advice - there are NO barefoot girls in the latest film, the one titled, 'Manchester NYE Partys' (sic). But there are two or three sightings on the other NYE film which was taken after midnight when the heels had begun to hurt.

This won't be to everyone's taste, I realise, but thought you'd want to know nonetheless.

These films ALSO demonstrate how a CF night shoot could look - a theme I've pummelled hard over the years. Imagine, come the spring, Paul gets three three girls to do a shoot of nightlife in Moscow. One girl in boots, one in strappy sandals and our heroine in bare feet. A dream.

Anyway, comments welcome as ever.

Mike123.
PMEmail Poster
paner
Posted: Jan 11 2022, 01:48 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 174

Very cool channel. I love these true candid videos.

Here are some channels that I like:

This guy (or gal, not sure) films people as they walk down busy streets in Australia: https://www.youtube.com/c/UnderdogONE/videos

This video has some good barefoot content. Some barefoot guys, though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-5iviVyFf4

This person films videos in South Florida and has some good stuff. I've only watched a few videos of the 2021 Tortuga music festival but it seems every few minutes a woman randomly walks by barefoot.

Like with the channel you linked to, this person isn't into feet and so doesn't focus on barefoot women.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0r2NZtwDpI

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMXdHGgx8oDeFJ2y_PF_k9A
PMEmail Poster
Mike123
Posted: Jan 11 2022, 02:08 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Thanks for these, Paner.

Yes, there are quite a few out there but there's something special about seeing these girls barefoot on the cold grimy streets on Manchester and Leeds - I think for me, the familiarity and closeness to home hits harder.

Anyway, as I say thanks for these others, good stuff.

Something you'd like to see Paul do?

Mike123
PMEmail Poster
shifter
Posted: Jan 11 2022, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1877

thanks mike and paner for the links to these channels
i´m also a fan of such candid videos, andas mike mentioned, its a bit timeconsuming to watch them through.

would be a nice thread, if someone finds good moments, to post the links and add some time-stamps to them?

i agree, its even more exciting if the weather conditions are rather poor and barefoot-tunfriendly, do see some girls still walking barefoot!!

i would love to see such content on city-feet as well. barefoot nights out

btw. there are a couple of nude-in-public shots with themodels out nude in the nightlife, which i enjoyed alot

PMEmail Poster
Mike123
Posted: Jan 12 2022, 11:24 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Shifter, your wish is (kind of) my command.

I'd point you to a couple of the Leeds films.

First this ione where we have three barefoot girls at around 2.35, 5.50 and 12.46, the middle one following the girl for a good few seconds (though I WISH he'd turned his camera down as he drew level with her and watched her walk through the wet area of the pavement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndLtzXn8zQc

This second one though is even better, I think. Check it out at 13.32 as the two barefoot girls come into view. We follow them for a good few seconds BUT what I can't see are any shoes being carried by either of them. They might be there but it's so fantastic to believe that they'd gone out in Leeds for Halloween barefoot. Wow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWoC0Hy1D4A

I'll post any more time stamps once I come across them again if thethey're really good.

happy viewing.

Mike123
PMEmail Poster
Mike123
Posted: Jan 12 2022, 01:52 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

And another one from Leeds.

Check out at 12.45, the girl in black again seems not to be carrying any shoes, unless one of her friends has them. Fantastic to imagine she's gone out for the night barefoot in Leeds.

Such fertile grounmd for Paul to explore and the quality of the picture is brilliant - so no more excuses there about how scratchy the film quality would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sn8PD7uLuU

I'll keep looking.

Mike123.
PMEmail Poster
shifter
Posted: Jan 13 2022, 07:31 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

these are great finds, thank you very much Mike123

on the 2nd video, its fun because the same girls we see at 13:38, we meet at the end of the video at 22:18 again, but then only one girl is barefoot, the girl with the red dress has already her shoes on.

its exciting that these are walking barefoot at this time of the year under these circumstances. pretty chilly!

and i agree, the image quality is pretty good, which shows that current cameras are able perform good even at lowlight and at high iso rates. i´m interested what kind of camera this guy is using, but he doesnt mention it in the description, i assume its some sort of action camera that he has mounted onto his body.

i´m also pretty suprised these videos are not taken down, here in austria filming in public and showing other peoples faces without their written consent is not possible at all.

i will download the videos and recut them and only keep the interesting scenes, i´m using a freeware tool "LosslessCut", than these snippets wont take up much space on the harddrive and you dont need to wade through again through the whole video

keep em comming, these are great!
PMEmail Poster
Mike123
Posted: Jan 14 2022, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Thanks, Shifter; you know, I hadn't even noticed that we see the two barefoot girls again at the end of the film. You're right, one is shod (shame) and the other is carrying a pair of heels under her arm so they clearly had set out from home in shoes.

But I have another one for you also from Leeds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bABVMwVgQ6o

Check out the action between 6.11 and 6.37, so a decent chunk of time. One of the girls has flip flops on, the other is barefoot - wonderful. But check out when our barefoot girl drops her bag in the road; she picks it up with two free hands. I've watched the clip in slow motion and cannot see any shoes in either hand or obviously being carried. Again, they might be in the bag or carried under her arm but it's wonderful to fantasise that she left home barefoot for the night.

There are three more films coming over the weekend -one released at 3.00pm today UK time so plenty more material to review.

Let me know if you spot anything I missed.

By the way, I love the woman in the purple dress we see in the NYE film from Manchester at 8.27 very briefly through the crowd on the corner. Again, don't see her carrying shoes but it's so difficult to tell. Of course a little earlier in this film there's the girl in the black dress who we see for quite an extended period.

So pleased I happened across these films.

Paul, we need the Russian version, filmed as our barefoot herione takes to the night-time streets of Moscow. The fantastic women of Manchester and Leeds are leading the way here.

Mike123.
PMEmail Poster
shifter
Posted: Jan 15 2022, 10:48 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Hi Mike123

the leeds one is great too, thank you very much

here is another one i just watched
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PciNAt8CNV8

7:04 - girl barefoot and short black dress, carrying her heels in the hands

13:18 - girl in the distance, most likely is walking barefoot

19:35
she yells, i am taking my heels off, lets go

unfortunately we dont see whats happening afterwards

i´m very very surprised, its in winter, its cold, and on every video we are seeing there are some barefoot girls strolling around,! wow
i think i need to put Leeds as Manchester on my list of future holiday destination smile.gif
you get the impression when you watch these videos, that running aroudn barefoot at nights in these cities is nothing uncommon at all. basically nobody around gives a weird look that these are running barefoot.
i also dig the contrasts, on one hand you see these girls in highheels, or barefoot, but summerlike dresses and no coat etc, and then you see other people with winterjackets, scarf and hats biggrin.gif

I have asked the creator of the videos which camera he is using, and he is using an iphone 12 pro to make these videos.
I think this makes sense, everybody is running around with their smartphones anyways, its not as obvious as if someone is running around with a bigger camera and filming.

Also, watching these videos gives me nostalgic feelings. here in austria there is basically no nightlife at all since the beginning of the pandemic, even restaurants that you can enter only with 2G status, have a closing hour of 22.00 at the moment, and then you watch these videos and you are graving for the normal life!

PMEmail Poster
Mike123
Posted: Jan 16 2022, 01:20 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

You are eagle eyed indeed Shifter.

It's a well known trait amongst Britsh girls to 'under-dress' for the weather - Newcastle is famed for it, though the boys are only in T-shirts often too.

Oddly though, while you'll get girls dressed in short skirts, bare legs and heels which they remove later in the evening across most cities and provincial towns in the UK, London is a bit of an exception. Girls here tend to wrap up for cold weather which is why if ever I see a nightlife walking video from London I don't really bother with it. Of course, in the outer suburbs normal service is resumed with short dresses and bare legs once you get to Zone 6 and beyond.

On Covid restrictions, yes, it's easy for us to lose sight of how fortunate we are to be under a relatively light regime - in England anyway. Scotland and Wales shut nightclubs from Boxing day and they remain shut. Thank goodness we have a less authoritarian administration here.

Anyway, back to the videos. The two latest relaeases are relatively disappointing: we see barefoot girls but FRUSTRATINGLY, he turns AWAY from them and walks in the opposite direction.

A suggestion: if you've been in touch with him about his camera - an iPhone - could you make a request of him that now he has a VAST new following of foot guys, could he please focus on any barefoot girls for a bit longer if he comes across any - without it looking weird and getting himself into trouble?

What a treasure tove he could collect for us.

Anyway, glad you like the films as much as I do, Shifter.

Hope others are enjoying them too, even if they've not commented. Yet.

Mike123.
PMEmail Poster
shifter
Posted: Jan 24 2022, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Hey Mike

i have told/ask him, but he didnt reply yet, i havnt had time to watch his latest videos and thank you for checking them out already

i had a short look at this video from Leicester
https://youtu.be/ORM5b7i05RU
and spotted a barefoot girl at 20:15
this was a lucky incident as i was just zapping through for a couple of seconds, perhaps there is more in the whole 44 minutes

have a good week
shifter
PMEmail Poster
Mike123
Posted: Jan 25 2022, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

There's some decent stuff on some of the new films from Leeds amd Manchester, Shifter, though now clear eveidence that's he's taken our request on board yet (thanks for writing to him by the way).

I too found the Leicester walk and there's several barefoot girl sightings but this guy seems to use a different lens and even when close up they seem far away and the lighting is inferior to our friend S Travels too so the detail is missed.

Would you believe I'm actually going to Leeds tomorrow night so might catch me some real life sightings.

I'll let you know.

Mike123.
PMEmail Poster
shifter
Posted: Jan 25 2022, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

aaw, thats great to hear, i need to check them out!

your trip sounds great, wish you good luck for some amazing sightings tomorrow in Leeds
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: Jan 26 2022, 11:11 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (shifter @ Jan 24 2022, 04:40 PM)
Hey Mike

i have told/ask him, but he didnt reply yet, i havnt had time to watch his latest videos and thank you for checking them out already

i had a short look at this video from Leicester
https://youtu.be/ORM5b7i05RU
and spotted a barefoot girl at 20:15
this was a lucky incident as i was just zapping through for a couple of seconds, perhaps there is more in the whole 44 minutes

have a good week
shifter

Cool, thank you!

Some more at this time marks:

06:45
10:20
16:37
36:10
37:12
39:00

--------------------
Regards

DG
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
DG2001
Posted: Jan 26 2022, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Mike123 @ Jan 25 2022, 07:38 AM)
There's some decent stuff on some of the new films from Leeds amd Manchester, Shifter, though now clear eveidence that's he's taken our request on board yet (thanks for writing to him by the way).

I too found the Leicester walk and there's several barefoot girl sightings but this guy seems to use a different lens and even when close up they seem far away and the lighting is inferior to our friend S Travels too so the detail is missed.

Would you believe I'm actually going to Leeds tomorrow night so might catch me some real life sightings.

I'll let you know.

Mike123.

Enjoy your trip, good luck!

--------------------
Regards

DG
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (16) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0129 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]