City Feet message board

Pages: (14) « First ... 11 12 [13] 14  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> revival of Barefoot movies list, Barefoot movies
DBF
Posted: Mar 31 2019, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2495

Yes I noticed that. I also got the same shots. There’s also some nice foot scenes in the first season when they’re barefoot and in rags in glass cubicles in a basement. Brit’s character mentions this in the second season in an episode towards the end. As she stars in and has also written and produced the O.A , using her feet is her choice.

I think she’s also barefoot in The Room where she’s imprisoned in a basement with her son. Can’t remember,
PMEmail Poster
Daniellowl
Posted: May 21 2019, 07:56 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3479

I've already seen a second trailer of a incoming Quentin Tarantino's movie - "Once upon a time in Hollywood" and it looks very promising! Knowing Quentin's obsession about women's feet, action of a movie which is set in hippie times (late 60's) and three scenes from the trailer I hope that it will be very barefoot movie!
Look at the 0:45, 1:37 and 2:04 biggrin.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qePl3OVYYgk
PMEmail Poster
alyfab
Posted: May 22 2019, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1415

I’m 100% sure
PMEmail Poster
jwdf88
Posted: May 27 2019, 03:03 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1556

"Taking Woodstock." It take places before and after the original concert. The main character meets a girl and guy there and does acid with them. They have some sort of weird love session and at one point the girls sole is in air and there is a closeup of it. There is a closeup of the guys foot top just so you are aware just before the girls sole closeup (she is wearing a red skirt) The movie starts off slow with barefooters. But soon the festival is being planned and you'll spot multiple of dozens of women going barefoot during the movie (no closeups really but the situation it presents is exciting). It rains one day and you see women sloshing through the mud barefoot. A women who is a concert coordinator says a medic tent was sent up because of 2 reasons: barefeet and brown acid. Then they show a few women having the cuts on their feet being treated.

By the way the 50th anniversary concert of Woodstock is taking place this year. Probably to far for many but wonder if anyone is going?
PMEmail Poster
jwdf88
Posted: Aug 11 2019, 03:34 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1556

Beautiful Margo Robbie portrays Sharon Tate in the new movie Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Sharon Tate was known to hate shoes and go barefoot. It was very horrible that she was murdered the way she was!
http://www.sharontate.net/60thbd/sharon_qu...s_answered.html

There are scenes where she goes barefoot and shows her dirty soles. She propps up her dirty soles in the movie theatre - check out this thread
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/themousepad...165214-s80.html

Other barefoot women in movie too as well as barefoot hippie girls.
PMEmail Poster
DBF
Posted: Aug 11 2019, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Woodstock 50 unfortunately has been cancelled, however there’s another concert nearby the original location with bands such as Santana who preformed in the first concert , let’s hope they’re a lot of barefoot hippie girls!

Haven’t seen Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Much of the Mousepad thread has paid attention to Magot Robbie as Sharon Tate. For some reason much of the MP despises dirty feet. Apparently they are abundant in the film , has anyone seen it ? Curious to know about Dakota Fanning as Squeaky Fromme and other Manson girls.

I’ve watched a lot of the Manson documentaries and re enactments and almost always they get it wrong. The only accurate depiction of the Manson girls I’ve seen is Helter Skelter from 1976.

As a result of the success of Once a Time in Hollywood there has been a revival of Manson. One on Hulu -Inside the Manson Cult: The Lost Tapes is apparently composed of 18hrs of lost footage. There are a lot of Manson girls with dirty bare feet, unfortunately the images are grainy and fleeting, however it’s worthy of screenshots if you’re patient. I really do find Manson loathsome but am drawn to images of the Manson girls. Apparently they never wore shoes ever and were barefoot all the time.
PMEmail Poster
Clipper
Posted: Nov 23 2019, 10:42 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1507

Crawl - Trapped 2019

Kaya Scodelario is barefeet almost all film,but unfortunately most of the scenes are on dark light ambientation or underwater....
PMEmail Poster
Clipper
Posted: Nov 28 2019, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Aspromonte - La terra degli ultimi : italian film that should be full barefoot scene,
because is set on a small rural village of 1950',where all "real" paisant were barefeet.

In Italy should be on cinemas on this deys,but in the cinema near me is not played,boh...

PMEmail Poster
DBF
Posted: Nov 29 2019, 02:46 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Yes I just saw the trailer, looks really promising. Clipper I miss the old photos and other interesting images you post. Really great to see you posting again!
PMEmail Poster
Clipper
Posted: Dec 7 2019, 06:44 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

DBF,you can find many of them on my facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/clipper.clipper.315
PMEmail Poster
dude
Posted: Apr 1 2020, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1568

Not a movie, but a 4 part miniseries on Netflix called “Unorthodox” about a woman who flees her strict Orthodox Jewish sect in New York to try to become a music student in Berlin. As much of the show is filmed in Berlin in the summer, I wondered, “I wonder if we’ll see any barefoot girls on the street?” Sure enough, around the 21 minute mark in the 3rd episode, you see the protagonist walking towards the camera on the sidewalk, and a pair of women are walking away from the camera in the shot, one of which has no shoes on. You get a pretty good look at her dirty feet for a moment before the camera pans away.

I assume she was an extra who just wasn’t wearing shoes the day of the shoot, just as you might expect in Germany in the summer.
PMEmail Poster
Daniellowl
Posted: Apr 2 2020, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3479

QUOTE (dude @ Apr 1 2020, 03:45 PM)
Not a movie, but a 4 part miniseries on Netflix called “Unorthodox” about a woman who flees her strict Orthodox Jewish sect in New York to try to become a music student in Berlin. As much of the show is filmed in Berlin in the summer, I wondered, “I wonder if we’ll see any barefoot girls on the street?” Sure enough, around the 21 minute mark in the 3rd episode, you see the protagonist walking towards the camera on the sidewalk, and a pair of women are walking away from the camera in the shot, one of which has no shoes on. You get a pretty good look at her dirty feet for a moment before the camera pans away.

I assume she was an extra who just wasn’t wearing shoes the day of the shoot, just as you might expect in Germany in the summer.

Wow, very good find!
She walks barefoot on a difficult terrain and it's so natural for her. And her soles are really black. What a pity that it is only 10 seconds scene sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
Clipper
Posted: Apr 2 2020, 03:16 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

On imdb / youtube is possible to see the trailer of A quiet place 2,

as the first film Emily Blunt and all the main caracter are barefeet almost the whole film (also on bad ground...)

Not yet available on the main stream site,I hope very soon....
PMEmail Poster
drjamorales
Posted: May 3 2020, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2107

I think these movies were mentioned some time ago.
Here are the full movies in case you want to watch them, now you may have to stay home.
Stay home & keep safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m45crVMbtCw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS9y5lqrML4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5fio8L47d8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cT2benxpyI

PMEmail Poster
DBF
Posted: May 10 2020, 08:26 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

These are great ! In addition to YouTube there are a number of new free streaming sites which are ad supported such as Tubi, Crackle, Plex. There seems to be a proliferation of new ones every month , Cnet published a guide which lists 10. Most of the sites have older movies and have better image quality than YouTube. One of the main things is that unlike Netflix , Amazon and Hulu you can usually do screenshots and also do screen recording of entire movies however editing out ads is a chore. I prefer to do brief 3 minute or so of good scenes. Just getting started with this and the platforms themselves are about a year old or less. There's alot of material to cover before I can start adding movies to the list

I should also mention Mubi which is a paid for service of mostly art house films however they just put up a beautiful restoration of Nighttide an early Dennis Hopper movie where he falls in love with a mermaid, it was filmed in a run down amusement park on the beach somewhere in California. Much like Carnival of Souls B&W shot on 16mm with lots of close ups of feet . Hopefully they will do others another service Kanopy has alot of Jean Rollin who did soft core erotic vampire movies with lots of feet, a favorite of Dennis Cramer now barefoot Justine who become friends with Rollin in his last years. Rollin's last movie was shot in NYC a lot on Brooklyn Bridge in the early 2000's I think with a digital video camera , will look for title,

I haven't subscribed to Mubi yet but if I can capture and record I will. Trailers can be misleading as I can capture and record trailers on Amazon but not the movie itself

Thanks for your patience my post is stream of conscious written in the early hours under quarantine.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (14) « First ... 11 12 [13] 14  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0120 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]