City Feet message board

Pages: (14) « First ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> revival of Barefoot movies list, Barefoot movies
Roose
Posted: Oct 29 2016, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3204

You are awesome, thesolesearcher!

Thank you very much for spending your time listing these treats for us!
PMEmail Poster
thesolesearcher
Posted: Oct 29 2016, 12:21 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3759

QUOTE (Roose @ Oct 29 2016, 11:39 AM)
You are awesome, thesolesearcher!

Thank you very much for spending your time listing these treats for us!

You're welcome roose!

The problem with those bollywood movies is that they tend to be more than 2.5 hours long and the scenes showing the girl's feet might only be a few seconds long at a time, which makes them incredibly difficult to search.

That's why I started the youtube channel in order to separate out the barefoot scenes. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster
DBF
Posted: Oct 29 2016, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2495

Satyajit Ray had some barefoot girls in Panther Panchali -1955 ,and in his other filmas well. S sort of Indian parallel to Italian Neo Realism with the village girl relating to the earthy Italian peasant girl. Both are barefoot. Ray's film were made before Indian girls wore platic flip flops and usually went just barefoot. Ray's films are also widely available in Europe and the West as he was one of the only Indian directors to break through and become shown at art house theater s.Thus they are on the Criterion Label of DVD's and other places, which are easy to find. As for your Bollywood list, I intend to bring it to an Indian grocer or bookstore that sells DVDs and leave them baffled as I ask for movies that may be famous in India but unknown anywhere else.
PMEmail Poster
Daniellowl
Posted: Nov 25 2016, 11:10 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3479

I've seen a movie called "Raze" (2013) about jailed women forced to fight each other. Movie is bad, but every woman in this movie is barefoot and You can see a few close ups of their dirty soles wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Daniellowl
Posted: Feb 19 2017, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

"Tiger House" (2015) - really bad movie, but Kaya Scodelario who plays main character is barefoot through the entire movie and there are a few close-ups of her pretty bare feet and soles.
PMEmail Poster
Clipper
Posted: Feb 25 2017, 12:32 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1507

Lady Bloodfight(2016) : girls underground fighting film,Amy Johnston is barefeet in most part of the fight,with also some fast closup of her soles,very dirty.

Probably shuld be very similar also "Female Fight Club",with Amy Johnston too,but I did not find it,only see on IMDB.....
PMEmail Poster
jwdf88
Posted: Nov 5 2017, 11:56 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1556

I feel obligated to reply to this thread since I saw a really good scene. Just recently saw "Alias Grace" on netflix. I happened to be hanging out with my wife who was watching it because she liked historical stuff, but she paused it for me at episode 4 around 33 minutes in. The main character played by Sarah Gadon was wearing a historical maid outfit from the 19th century. She was scrubbing the floors on her knees and there was an extreme closeup of her wrinkled attractive soles which were a bit filthy.

Also saw a movie called Bokeh on netflix. A couple are visiting Iceland and somehow oneday everyone on the planet disappears.At one point they are driving and she intentionally ditches her shoes while the car is moving. Her feet were hanging out the window and you get good closeups. Later when they park she walks around Iceland barefoot. Great Iceland scenery in movie.
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: Nov 6 2017, 07:00 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (jwdf88 @ Nov 5 2017, 06:56 PM)
"I feel obligated to reply to this thread since I saw a really good scene. Just recently saw "Alias Grace" on netflix. I happened to be hanging out with my wife who was watching it because she liked historical stuff, but she paused it for me at episode 4 around 33 minutes in. The main character played by Sarah Gadon was wearing a historical maid outfit from the 19th century. She was scrubbing the floors on her knees and there was an extreme closeup of her wrinkled attractive soles which were a bit filthy."

Great finding JWD! A nice detail from your lovely wife.

Thanks for pointing out, I just managed to make these screen captures:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

--------------------
Regards

DG
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
jwdf88
Posted: Nov 7 2017, 12:03 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

DG, no problem. Actually thank you. I do not have netflix on my computer but on my TV only so I could not get screenshots right away. They were something I definitely wanted since the closeups were so good and "dirty". Now I have them! Definitely beats just pausing on the TV.
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: Nov 7 2017, 02:36 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (jwdf88 @ Nov 6 2017, 07:03 PM)
DG, no problem. Actually thank you. I do not have netflix on my computer but on my TV only so I could not get screenshots right away. They were something I definitely wanted since the closeups were so good and "dirty". Now I have them! Definitely beats just pausing on the TV.

Glad you liked the screenshots!

If you have a Netflix account on your TV, then you can use it on the computer too. Just go to www.netflix.com and use the same e-mail and password you use on your SmarTV to log in. Once there, the screenshots are just one keyboard away. I suggest not pausing and capturing the screen, but capturing the full screen in motion, so not to get extra icons and progress marks.

--------------------
Regards

DG
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
oldtom
Posted: Nov 9 2017, 11:51 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1536

Just to show that Hollywood can still provide a barefoot character, Jennifer Lawrence is barefoot throughout "Mother!" which may still be showing. Although it is entirely set indoors, she does appear in plenty of scenes where you wouldn't expect to find someone barefoot.
PMEmail Poster
Daniellowl
Posted: Nov 10 2017, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (oldtom @ Nov 9 2017, 11:51 PM)
Just to show that Hollywood can still provide a barefoot character, Jennifer Lawrence is barefoot throughout "Mother!" which may still be showing. Although it is entirely set indoors, she does appear in plenty of scenes where you wouldn't expect to find someone barefoot.

Oh,
I'm planning to visit the nearest cinema to watch this movie because of that - is it worthy? I heard that Jennifer is barefoot during the whole movie - is it true and will I be satisfied? wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
dougiezerts
Posted: Nov 11 2017, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1258

QUOTE (michael0218 @ Oct 24 2016, 05:53 AM)
QUOTE (thesolesearcher @ Oct 23 2016, 05:18 PM)
Hi all

I have a youtube channel dedicated to actresses who appear barefoot throughout a movie.

My focus is on characters who go barefoot by choice/ preference instead of being forced towalk barefoot or having their shoes taken away or losing their shoes while escaping etc.

So far I have only managed to create a few clips due to time contraints.

The movies I have edited are as follows:

1. The Hitchhikers starring Misty Rowe as a barefoot hippie girl
2. Butterfly starring Pia Zadora who prefers walking on bare feet instead of heels
3. Milap (Hindi) starring Reena Roy as a barefoot village girl
4. Bandhan (Hindi) starring Mumtaz as a barefoot village girl
5. Dharmatma (Hindi) starring Hema Malini as a barefoot tribal girl

You will notice that most of my list consist of Indian movies.  There are a ton of Indian movies made in the 1970s - 1980s where the main heroine is a village girl who goes barefoot from beginning to the end.  Most of them would be wearing sexy anklets on both their feet and they seem to have no issue walking on hot burning asphalt, rocky terrain or even snow!

I actually have a huge collection of such Indian movies and also some Western movies (And God Created Woman, Gator Bait, More Than a Miracle etc) but have no time to edit them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHAiQoii9p...TOwJNA/featured

My friend, you have an absolutely glorious channel!

You might also notice that in Bollywood dance scenes, there are often close-ups of the actress' feet, while she dances.
I love Bollywood movies!
PMEmail Poster
Daniellowl
Posted: Jan 24 2018, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

I've seen "Mother!", a mentioned movie before and I recommend it! Jennifer Lawrence is barefoot in every scene - she walks without any footwear on old wooden floors, cold basement, dirty surfaces etc. No shoes at all! Although, there is no too much close-ups on her dirty soles, but it is definitely a "barefoot" movie smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
jwdf88
Posted: Jan 25 2018, 12:45 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

I'll have to catch Mother! some time. Hopefully it will be on a streaming service soon.

Fried Green Tomatoes has some barefoot scenes. A young woman is in a small cementary barefoot. In another scene she is walking up a dirt road carrying fish she caught. A few others scenes also.

Before the zombie craze, a movie back in 2004 called "dawn of the dead" paved the way. I think a woman is in a bed or something and she has to run away from her husband who turned into a zombie. She slips out a window barefoot. Runs around town a little barefoot. She meets up with a bunch of survivors who hole themselves up in a shopping mall. She goes barefoot a little in the mall but unfortunately she acquires shoes from the mall. Not a bad movie for its time.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (14) « First ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0118 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]