City Feet message board

Pages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> favorite film
Hal Heaven
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 01:29 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

Just watched a movie that some of you might enjoy.

Sex Drive (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1135985)

The female actress (Amanda Crew) plays this goth-punk-emo girl and halfway through the movie she takes off her shoes, ties them together by the laces and throws them into a tree...where they stay hanging in the top branches.
She then walks barefoot throughout the rest of the movie, sometimes complaining about how much her feet hurt. You sometimes get to see a few short glimpses of her pretty dirty feet but unfortunately no close-ups or sole shots.
At the end her secret boyfriend buys her a pair of flip flops, which she accepts (unfortunately laugh.gif ).

I couldn`t find any barefoot pics of her but she looks amazing in my opinion.

Check out these pics of her from the movie:

Amanda Crew 1
Amanda Crew 2
Amanda Crew 3

Cheers,
-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action.com
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: Feb 12 2009, 02:05 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Definitely, a must-see movie.

Thanks Hal!

--------------------
Regards

DG
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
iiyamaxx
Posted: Mar 13 2009, 01:55 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1251

I dont want to disappoint you, but I read in an interview that she got feet covers which looked like feet. When she is standing in the garage in the background you can see the rims of the covers. Maybe thats why she starts wearing long jeans, to cover the rims of the covers. There are some closer scenes when shes wearing her skirt, where she apparently didnt wear the feet covers...

Here are the lines of the interview:

TeenHollywood: Your character Felicia runs around barefoot for a while in this film. Wasn't that painful?

Amanda: Yes. They actually made these feet covers like the little Hobbits wore...

Josh: Yeah, like Frodo Baggins.

Amanda: I still have them. They're comfortable but kinda creepy looking. Looks like you have swollen feet.

Does anyone know some more films with barefoot girls?
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: Mar 13 2009, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (iiyamaxx @ Mar 13 2009, 08:55 AM)
I dont want to disappoint you, but I read in an interview that she got feet covers which looked like feet. When she is standing in the garage in the background you can see the rims of the covers. Maybe thats why she starts wearing long jeans, to cover the rims of the covers. There are some closer scenes when shes wearing her skirt, where she apparently didnt wear the feet covers...

TeenHollywood: Your character Felicia runs around barefoot for a while in this film. Wasn't that painful?

Amanda: Yes. They actually made these feet covers like the little Hobbits wore...

Amanda: I still have them. They're comfortable but kinda creepy looking. Looks like you have swollen feet.

Yes, I found that interview too... :-(

What a pity, isn't it??? On the other hand, Tanya Roberts was actually barefoot in her scenes in "Sheena", except in one where she appears wearing sandals :-)

--------------------
Regards

DG
Hal Heaven
Posted: Mar 14 2009, 12:48 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

QUOTE (iiyamaxx @ Mar 13 2009, 01:55 PM)

What a shame. Yeah, there are some scenes where she`s definitely barefoot but at other times you can`t really tell (at least not on my small TV), so I suppose she was wearing those stupid hobbit-feet. biggrin.gif

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action.com
PMEmail Poster
jwdf88
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 04:46 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1556

I watch silent films sometimes (I'm not old though LOL) and I came across a barefooting movie. Maybe it is the first ever - LOL.

It is called "Modern Times" and it has Charlie Chaplin in it. The movie immediately grabbed my attention because a character was introduced who was an orphan girl - a beautiful woman actually. They put her in old clothes and her character wandered the streets barefoot looking for food. She is apprehended by the cops and put into the van barefoot. She goes into a department store barefoot and many other places. Sometimes you see her dirty soles.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

These are at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/570585040xkONMD

It is a classic and watch it for that. Don't just watch for a quick fix on barefooting because you will consume a lot of time. One part was a commentary on society and how machines were controlling it. There is a famous scene where Charlie Chaplin gets caught in gears. If only they knew what today would be like!
It is on Youtube with 9 parts since it is probably public domain now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0XjRivGfiw&NR=1

The girl is constantly barefoot. In those old movies, they definitely did not have fake feet. They were tough back then.
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: Mar 19 2009, 07:33 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

"Modern Times" is a wonderful, beautiful movie. A classic, and with a deep message. Having the beautiful Paulette Goddard barefoot there is a plus. It's great to see such a beautiful lady walking barefoot everywhere and, as jwdf88 pointed out so well, there were no fake feet then...the girl had to walk barefoot, as simple as that...

Thanks for this screen captures.

--------------------
Regards

DG
TM2000
Posted: Mar 21 2009, 01:51 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1515

QUOTE (DG2001 @ Mar 19 2009, 07:33 PM)
"Modern Times" is a wonderful, beautiful movie.  A classic, and with a deep message.  Having the beautiful Paulette Goddard barefoot there is a plus.  It's great to see such a beautiful lady walking barefoot everywhere and, as jwdf88 pointed out so well, there were no fake feet then...the girl had to walk barefoot, as simple as that...

Thanks for this screen captures.

Don't forget TABU, German director F.W. Murnau's 1931 silent film set in the South Pacific! It features a beautiful young lady as the heroine and she's barefoot all through the film. Murnau was the man who directed the 1922 horror classic NOSFERATU, with the creepy rat-like vampire. He was a great director, and he knew how to feature pretty barefoot babes as well as the undead!
PMEmail Poster
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (5) « First ... 3 4 [5]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0109 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]