Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Love, Nina
Bremer
Posted: Feb 3 2022, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3843

I dont know if it already was a topic here, but has anyone seen the miniseries "Love, Nina"?

Its a BBC-Series from 2016 in 6 episodes. In Germany it was shown in 2017, dont know about other places. I got the DVD from Ebay for 3 Euros.

Nina is a 20 year old woman from the english country side moving to London in 1982 to work as a nanny for a single mom with 2 boys. There is not much of a plot, rather the series shows some humerous anecdotes that happen to nina during her time as a nanny. At the end of the 6 episodes, Nina has met her boyfriend in London, has done her A-Levels and consideres going to college.

Nina is a barefooter. She walks barefoot everywere throughout the series. The series is set in rather cold weather (not really winter, but not summer either) and Nina walks barefoot through the london rain and fog, goes to school barefoot, shops barefoot, visits the doctor barefoot etc. Only on 2 or three occassions, she wears shoes.

It is very cool to see finally a program were the main character is habitually barefoot without making it the topic of the show. It is somewhat refreshing, that she simply walks barefoot without having this fact discussed in the show. However it also seems somewhat unrealistic that she is barefoot always and everywere without having somebody asking about it, staring at her feet or whatever. Only on a very few moments, somebody gives a comment about her feet, e.g. when somebody says "you dont look like a nanny", she replies "why" and the other guy answers "because nannys normally wear shoes".

The Miniseries is based on the book "love, nina" by nina stibbe that is a collection if letters written by nina stibbe during her time working as a nanny. Nina Stibbe once said that she was acutally a barefooter, but never was barefoot as much as shown in the series. The series uses Ninas feet often as a stylistic tool, often starting a sequence with showing peoples feet running around during shopping and than singling out ninas naked feet etc.
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: Feb 3 2022, 02:41 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

It's really good that there's a series with a barefooter character, the main character.

I managed to watch a couple episodes online, but, alas!, they are not available in my country. Not in regular TV, nor in streaming.

If anyone knows where to watch the full series online, that would be nice.

Thanks for the post!

--------------------
Regards

DG
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
DG2001
Posted: Feb 3 2022, 02:49 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

--------------------
Regards

DG
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Mike123
Posted: Feb 4 2022, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2434

Yes, Bremer, I remember this being on TV and I started watching it but to be honest found the programme pretty dull and soon gave up on it. I can understand re-watching it online though where you can fast forward the interesting bits.

I never found the Nina character particualry sexy either despite her barefoot habits. But yes, nice reminder and happy viewing to those who find it's their thing.

Might even re-visit it myself...........

Mike123.

PS. Not sure there's much fog in London these days, though.
PMEmail Poster
Bremer
Posted: Feb 4 2022, 03:40 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Mike123 @ Feb 4 2022, 09:53 AM)

I never found the Nina character particualry sexy either despite her barefoot habits. But yes, nice reminder and happy viewing to those who find it's their thing.

True, she is not really shown as a particulary sexy character, but generally it seems that the character of "Nina" is somewhat over the top, almost to the level of being like a comic-book-like character. I believe her barefooting is part of this over-the-top-character, showing her as being care-free, unconventional. But that is part of what it makes somewhat unrealistic, too
PMEmail Poster
Bremer
Posted: Feb 4 2022, 03:43 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (DG2001 @ Feb 3 2022, 02:49 PM)
Hi again

I found Season 1 online:

https://123series.xyz/tv/watch-love-nina-online-29165.692742

That should be the whole program, its only one season of 6 episodes
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0102 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]