Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Farewell to Chiara Samugheo, Photographer of (often barefoot) divas
Feetosopher
  Posted: Jan 15 2022, 06:43 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2618

I learned with huge sadness that Chiara Samugheo (Paparella in real life) passed away two days ago at 87 (but some say at 97.. her true date of birth remains a mystery).
Chiara was the first (and probably the only) professional female photographer of Italian nationality to gain worldwide fame.
Between the late 50s and the early 80s, she portrayed an impressive number of actresses, from the divas of the period (Sophia Loren, Claudia Cardinale, Monica Vitti, Sylva Koscina, just to name a few) to lesser known (but nonetheless attractive) ones.
Chiara loved to portray those gorgeous women outdoors: most of the times she asked them to pose barefooted, and they gladly accepted!
Together with the great Angelo Frontoni, Chiara Samugheo has had a great influence on my photographic style.
I will hugely miss Chiara: she was a talented, free-spirited, brave woman, always out of the pack and ahead of her times.
Farewell, Chiara.. and thank you so much for all the beauty, charme, elegance and sex-appeal that you brought to us with your fantastic photos.

P.S. For those among you that wish to discover the photographic art of this outstanding photographer (she took over 165,000 pictures in her career!), at this link you can enjoy and download dozens of her portraits.. with plenty of barefoot divas, actresses and starlets!
https://www.fondazione3m.it/page_collezione...IARA%20SAMUGHEO

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
DG2001
Posted: Jan 16 2022, 05:32 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Beautiful photos Feetosopher, very artistic. A great loss.

I am not an expert at all, but, yes... her influence in your artistic style can be noticed.

Thanks for sharing, now she rests in peace.

--------------------
Regards

DG
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
barefootfootseeker
Posted: Jan 16 2022, 08:02 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2710

Thank you very much for informing us about Ms Samugheo's death, and for sharing the link to that site with us, Feetosopher. I am no expert too, but I clearly see the influence that you are talking about. I really like the style of the period, and there were so many beautiful actresses at the time. May she rest in peace now.
PMEmail Poster
Feetosopher
Posted: Jan 16 2022, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

@DG2001, @barefootfootseeker: you are welcome.
If you ever happen to visit Parma (Italy), you should definitely spend some hours at the local Centro Studi e Archivio della Comunicazione (CSAC),
an archive managed by Parma University. CSAC hosts a collection of nearly all the 165,000 pictures that Chiara Samugheo shot over her career,
plus countless collections about other great photographers.
https://www.csacparma.it/en/

--------------------
gb62da
Posted: Jan 17 2022, 05:08 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2764

Thank you for letting us know. A loss. But her art will remain.

--------------------
Visit my gallery at DeviantArt
PMEmail Poster
shifter
Posted: Jan 19 2022, 07:07 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1877

thank you very much for sharing, her name doesnt sound familiar to me, but i have browsed through some galleries and her pictures definitely looks familiar, i also can see her influence in your style, as you describe by yourself

rest in peace, dear Mrs. Samugheo

PMEmail Poster
Hal Heaven
Posted: Jan 20 2022, 09:33 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

I've never heard of her, either, but RIP Chiara. Thanks a lot for the info and the link, her photos are really great Always nice to see beautiful oldschool models/actresses and if they are barefoot even better.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action.com
PMEmail Poster
Feetosopher
Posted: Jan 23 2022, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

@gb62da, @shifter, @Hal: thank you for your comments, gentlemen.

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0103 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]