City Feet message board

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Which medium?

Which medium do you prefer?
Written texts [ 2 ]  [15.38%]
Drawings/ paintings [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Photographs [ 3 ]  [23.08%]
Video footage [ 8 ]  [61.54%]
Total Votes: 13
Guests cannot vote 
bfwatcher
Posted on Jun 16 2019, 09:20 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3209

I know that the result of such a poll is not that difficult to predict. The majority of voters will go for the last option, which happens to be my choice as well. That said, texts, pictures and photos could be pretty cool too. Any views to share?

For instance, I still remember reading Les Miserables as a set text at school and coming across the scene when young Eponine complains how cold it is to go barefoot in January. Or photos? Well when CF was launched I was over the moon about each new picture. Fond memories, really. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Duffman847
Posted on Jun 16 2019, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced member
Member No.: 3324

This is a very good question. I went video footage, but really it depends on the mood and circumstances.

Text: You have to have a really vivid imagination for this to work. I'm 30 now and I run my own business, which just drains my mental energy, so it's not so much a thing now.

When I was around 19-23 and something of a layabout student, I was at my imaginitive peak, and deviantart stories were my go-to.

Like this one smile.gif https://www.deviantart.com/barefoot-literat...Theft-134967637

Paintings/drawings: Not particularly big tbh. Although there are some ones that catch the eye. I remember staying with my uncle when I was about 14, and I was on a mattress in his living room.

There was a painting of this fairy-like figure doing some balletic move or other. One foot was on the floor, and she had amazing ankle bones, the other was raised behind her, and the sole (unintentionally or otherwise) looked filthy!

Might have just been the shading, but that didn't stop my 14 year old hormones going absolutely fucking nuclear biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wouldn't happen now.

Photos and videos: Obviously the meat and drink. Only high-res photos work, as every grain of dirt is visible, every wrinkle on the sole.

Same goes for videos, and if they are shot half as well as a CF shoot, then it's like being able to perv in without incurring the wrath of all and sundry. Where else would you be able to get THIS close to a pair of beautiful bare feet on the Metro AND still get a coquettish smile from said lady?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i8E0mKhkR0

Basically videos FTW! And I'm backing a landslide.

--------------------
HALL OF FAME
Margarita - 30/12/2015
Natalia - 16/09/2017
**Defended title 22/09/2018**
Valeria - 20/12/2019
Alla - 07/11/2020
Anna - 17/12/2022
Polina - 07/04/2024
PM
Feetosopher
  Posted on Jun 16 2019, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2618

I have started taking pictures of barefoot beauties in summer 1993 (Duffman847, were you still going at the kindergarten back then? tongue.gif )
I started with an analog camera (a vintage 1967 Canonet), and went digital in September 2004.. the rest is history.. cool.gif

I have learned to make videos for purely commercial reasons. Filming barefoot beauties can be exciting (and filming barefoot & NAKED beauties deffo is!),
and surely videos win customers and secure funding.. but no video I have made, or will ever make, will give me the same satisfaction
that I feel when I take a good picture.

P.S. @Duffman847.. so you and your girl are both on DeviantArt.. I'll have a look at your spaces.. even if I already can guess what I can expect..
verbous novels.. and faceless feet shots.. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Duffman847
Posted on Jun 16 2019, 04:16 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Advanced member
Member No.: 3324

QUOTE (Feetosopher @ Jun 16 2019, 03:51 PM)
P.S. @Duffman847.. so you and your girl are both on DeviantArt.. I'll have a look at your spaces.. even if I already can guess what I can expect..
verbous novels.. and faceless feet shots.. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

I was on Deviantart, but got rid as I had no views, and didn't actually have nay photos. It was a few crap stories that sounded good at the time, because I had a lot of spare time I don't have now.

And what girl are you on about? Barefoot-literature ain't my account!

--------------------
HALL OF FAME
Margarita - 30/12/2015
Natalia - 16/09/2017
**Defended title 22/09/2018**
Valeria - 20/12/2019
Alla - 07/11/2020
Anna - 17/12/2022
Polina - 07/04/2024
PM
michael0218
Posted on Jun 16 2019, 06:22 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2874

For the purposes of why I come here...to this site...there's no more functional, effective, immediate medium than the PEERLESS videos and stills taken by Paul. Whereas paintings and drawings tap in to an entirely other, poetic realm of the senses ...literature, on the other hand, finishes rather poorly here...failing to replicate (in most, if not all cases) the attributes of the visual mediums previously mentioned.
Let it be said though that one of the supreme features of City Feet is Paul's ability to reach heights of poetic class and quality in many of his videos...cases in point @Duffman847's example of the vid featuring the Queen of City Feet, ...Alyona, in that particular vid, or any of the other ones of her set,....another...that also reached the ultimate level of artistic class, was the complete set of vids done of the Great, beautiful Masha....the ones where she skips down the sidewalks, and tickles her own feet while eating an ice cream cone come to mind cool.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ...
I swear, I can never get enough of Alyona, Masha and this Alexandra http://www.city-feet.com/models/161/view ...all examples of Paul's video supremacy!!

--------------------
Yana, Alyona and Alexandra (colorful dress) are perfection...the sexiest and the prettiest models.
PMEmail Poster
bfwatcher
Posted on Jun 17 2019, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Duffman847 @ Jun 16 2019, 11:18 AM)
This is a very good question. I went video footage, but really it depends on the mood and circumstances.

Text: You have to have a really vivid imagination for this to work. I'm 30 now and I run my own business, which just drains my mental energy, so it's not so much a thing now.

When I was around 19-23 and something of a layabout student, I was at my imaginitive peak, and deviantart stories were my go-to.

Like this one smile.gif https://www.deviantart.com/barefoot-literat...Theft-134967637

Paintings/drawings: Not particularly big tbh. Although there are some ones that catch the eye. I remember staying with my uncle when I was about 14, and I was on a mattress in his living room.

There was a painting of this fairy-like figure doing some balletic move or other. One foot was on the floor, and she had amazing ankle bones, the other was raised behind her, and the sole (unintentionally or otherwise) looked filthy!

Might have just been the shading, but that didn't stop my 14 year old hormones going absolutely fucking nuclear biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wouldn't happen now.

Photos and videos: Obviously the meat and drink. Only high-res photos work, as every grain of dirt is visible, every wrinkle on the sole.

Same goes for videos, and if they are shot half as well as a CF shoot, then it's like being able to perv in without incurring the wrath of all and sundry. Where else would you be able to get THIS close to a pair of beautiful bare feet on the Metro AND still get a coquettish smile from said lady?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i8E0mKhkR0

Basically videos FTW! And I'm backing a landslide.

We may not agree about the quality of the series featuring Alyona but the rest of your comment is simply perfect. Thanks!
PMEmail Poster
bfwatcher
Posted on Jun 17 2019, 05:45 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

.. but no video I have made, or will ever make, will give me the same satisfaction

I saw photographs in the same way until I came across my first CF video. I was fascinated. The concert the muscles and bones of her feet begin to perform when a girl starts walking is mind-blowing and the possibility to capture it in its complexity is a total game changer if you ask me. My life hasn´t been the same since that moment, no kidding! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
bfwatcher
Posted on Jun 17 2019, 05:50 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (michael0218 @ Jun 16 2019, 06:22 PM)

Let it be said though that one of the supreme features of City Feet is Paul's ability to reach heights of poetic class and quality in many of his videos...cases in point @Duffman847's example of the vid featuring the Queen of City Feet, ...Alyona, in that particular vid, or any of the other ones of her set,....another...that also reached the ultimate level of artistic class, was the complete set of vids done of the Great, beautiful Masha....the ones where she skips down the sidewalks, and tickles her own feet while eating an ice cream cone come to mind cool.gif cool.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif ...
I swear, I can never get enough of Alyona, Masha and this Alexandra http://www.city-feet.com/models/161/view ...all examples of Paul's video supremacy!!

My choice of videos would be different but I subscribe to everything else you say. Paul IS an artist. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Feetosopher
  Posted on Jun 18 2019, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (bfwatcher @ Jun 17 2019, 05:45 PM)
.. but no video I have made, or will ever make, will give me the same satisfaction

I saw photographs in the same way until I came across my first CF video. I was fascinated. The concert the muscles and bones of her feet begin to perform when a girl starts walking is mind-blowing and the possibility to capture it in its complexity is a total game changer if you ask me. My life hasn´t been the same since that moment, no kidding! smile.gif

Do not get me wrong.. filmmaking can be an art, of course, and CF and TIA videos are indeed outstanding in their quality.
It's just that I have always achieved better results in photography than in videomaking.

--------------------
bfwatcher
Posted on Jun 18 2019, 06:49 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Feetosopher @ Jun 18 2019, 07:16 AM)

Do not get me wrong.. filmmaking can be an art, of course, and CF and TIA videos are indeed outstanding in their quality.
It's just that I have always achieved better results in photography than in videomaking.

Lucky us we have access to them! wink.gif Speaking of your videos, they are of comparable quality, believe me. The only thing that doesn´t allow me to rate them even higher is the fact that they tend to be rather static. That´s all.

By the way, are you still thinking about introducing that new theme you talked about a year ago? SWAINS walking on a terrace and watering plants for instance would look great and it could be done without you chasing her around. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Feetosopher
  Posted on Jun 19 2019, 07:43 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (bfwatcher @ Jun 18 2019, 06:49 PM)
QUOTE (Feetosopher @ Jun 18 2019, 07:16 AM)

Lucky us we have access to them! wink.gif Speaking of your videos, they are of comparable quality, believe me. The only thing that doesn´t allow me to rate them even higher is the fact that they tend to be rather static. That´s all.

By the way, are you still thinking about introducing that new theme you talked about a year ago? SWAINS walking on a terrace and watering plants for instance would look great and it could be done without you chasing her around. smile.gif

Thank you very much for your appreciation about my videos!
The fact that it is coming from a CF subscriber who is used to the very high standards set by Pavel in videomaking gives great value to it! smile.gif

Indeed my videos are not as dynamic as CF or TIA ones.. it's exactly because I have a "photographic" approach to videomaking.
Yet my videos have some "dynamic/interactive" elements which you cannot find that much in CF or TIA videos.
My models often talk in the videos.. with me, between them (in case of videos featuring two models) and sometimes also with passerbys!
My models drive barefooted, take trains, buses etc., and you can follow them in all-day or even multiple-day adventures touching many different locations
in the "Barefoot Lifestyle" series, or in the BAREFOOT URBAN GIRLS EUROPEAN TOURS.

As for filming my models in everyday chores.. I tend not to shoot/film my models in their houses and in their neighbourhoods to safeguard their privacy.
That said, I will discuss with SWAINS and AMELIE (the models I am friends with in real life) if something can be done to address your request.. OK? wink.gif

--------------------
bfwatcher
Posted on Jun 19 2019, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Feetosopher @ Jun 19 2019, 07:43 AM)
My models often talk in the videos.. with me, between them (in case of videos featuring two models) and sometimes also with passerbys!
My models drive barefooted, take trains, buses etc., and you can follow them in all-day or even multiple-day adventures touching many different locations
in the "Barefoot Lifestyle" series, or in the BAREFOOT URBAN GIRLS EUROPEAN TOURS.

And also thanks to these features I´m beginning to like BUG more and more. wink.gif

Great to know that you´re willing to ask SWAINS and AMELIE about the chores issue. They´re both fantastic women so no doubt they´ll make up something along these lines! wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Feetosopher
  Posted on Jun 20 2019, 06:53 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (bfwatcher @ Jun 19 2019, 08:38 PM)
QUOTE (Feetosopher @ Jun 19 2019, 07:43 AM)

And also thanks to these features I´m beginning to like BUG more and more. wink.gif

Great to know that you´re willing to ask SWAINS and AMELIE about the chores issue. They´re both fantastic women so no doubt they´ll make up something along these lines! wink.gif

Great to know, thank you very much! smile.gif
We'll see what we can do.. wink.gif

--------------------
Southerncrossfire44
Posted on Jun 21 2019, 03:01 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1222

I'm going against the tide here, but those who know me will not be surprised to hear that I voted for written text! To go even more against the majority, my second choice would be drawings/paintings.

Don't get me wrong, photos and videos are great, especially the ones put out by the Big Three (Feetosopher, Hal and Paul), but part of the appeal of text is the rarity of it. There is very little written stuff out there, which is a big reason I ended up writing my own.

As for drawings/paintings, though I don't have great talent for that myself, I really appreciate an artist who can create an image of a beautiful barefoot lady from a blank page. Plus visual art can go in so many directions that real life just can't do.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
bfwatcher
Posted on Jun 22 2019, 02:52 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Southerncrossfire44 @ Jun 21 2019, 03:01 AM)
I'm going against the tide here, but those who know me will not be surprised to hear that I voted for written text! To go even more against the majority, my second choice would be drawings/paintings.

Don't get me wrong, photos and videos are great, especially the ones put out by the Big Three (Feetosopher, Hal and Paul), but part of the appeal of text is the rarity of it. There is very little written stuff out there, which is a big reason I ended up writing my own.

As for drawings/paintings, though I don't have great talent for that myself, I really appreciate an artist who can create an image of a beautiful barefoot lady from a blank page. Plus visual art can go in so many directions that real life just can't do.

Thanks for you comment! I thought written text wouldn´t get any votes but you´ve shown us that it isn´t as outdated as it might seem. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0120 ]   [ 13 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]