City Feet message board

Pages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Barefoot Black Sheep, barefoot girl fiction
Lou Gojira
  Posted: May 22 2009, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23

QUOTE (Southerncrossfire44 @ May 16 2009, 08:04 PM)
Holy crap, Lou! That is some awesome art! Stephanie is HOT! You just know everybody's going to be eager to see more! Is that all done on computer, or is the figure hand drawn?

I know what you mean about too many irons in the fire, though. I'm a victim of it myself.

Thanks for the nice words Bro. cool.gif

The art...well, this drawing at least, is about half and half...Stephanie and some parts of the background were done on paper, and then a good portion of the rest of it was done on computer. I've done a couple more Stephanie drawings, and those have been mostly on paper, with even less use of the computer. I'll see what I can do about posting those sometime if anybody wants to see them.

I very recently acquired a copy of a Poser program called "Figure Artist", and I'm actually kind of anxious to see what I can do with that. Once I get some of these other drawing projects I'm currently working on finished, I plan on knuckling down with the program and learning it well enough to try implementing it into Stephanie's art. I'm not wanting to replace old fashioned hand-drawn art with the computer, but rather I'm hoping to hit a nice enough middle ground with the two. Wish me luck! smile.gif

Thanks again for the nice, understanding, and encouraging words...it's all very much appreciated. Sorry I took a while to get to this topic.

--------------------
Like Girls?
Like Real Barefoot Girls?!
Then this place is for you!
user posted image
http://www.dennis-n-mara.com/
PMEmail Poster
Lou Gojira
  Posted: May 22 2009, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Viral @ May 18 2009, 01:51 PM)
Wow! Great picture to go with a great story.

I've been reading it on and off for a little while, haven't finished it yet. I really like it. Is there anything more beautiful in this world than an angsty teen barefoot girl? smile.gif

Hoping to see more pictures of Stephanie. I love the art style.

P.S. I'm an old fan of Dennis' Mara stories smile.gif

Thank you sir! I hope you continue liking the story! cool.gif

Anything more beautiful in this world than a barefoot teenage girl? Hmmm...tough call...there might be something in this world more visually appealing, but if there is I have yet to see it. biggrin.gif

Of course capturing that amount of God-given beauty in a mere drawing is a real challenge, but then anything worth doing is always going to present some kind of a challenge. Thanks for the nice words, I'm glad you like the art, and I'll see about posting more sometime soon. smile.gif

And yes, I hear you loud and clear about Dennis' Mara stories. I was always a fan myself, so it was a pleasure and a real treat to finally get to work on a project with the man whose work always inspired me. And just so you know, Dennis and I have been working on yet another barefoot girl story. It's too early to go into details on it, but I hope we can be at a safe enough point in it sometime reasonably soon to where I can post some of it as well.

--------------------
Like Girls?
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: May 22 2009, 05:06 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

Lou

The story is wonderful, amazing... it has everything: Suspense, Sci-Fi, action...and of course beautiful, hardcore barefooter girls!!!!

I love how Stephanie turns from a "good girl" into a hardcore barefooter, how her inner feelings and emotions are described, how she loves to put her helpless bare feet into perils and endurance tests...

Yes, what else can one ask for?

I hope you publish the following chapters here, for the pleasure of the forum members.

To you and Dennis: Thank you, good work!!!

--------------------
Regards

DG
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
Southerncrossfire44
Posted: May 27 2009, 04:28 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1222

QUOTE (Lou Gojira @ May 22 2009, 08:39 AM)

The art...well, this drawing at least, is about half and half...Stephanie and some parts of the background were done on paper, and then a good portion of the rest of it was done on computer. I've done a couple more Stephanie drawings, and those have been mostly on paper, with even less use of the computer. I'll see what I can do about posting those sometime if anybody wants to see them.

I very recently acquired a copy of a Poser program called "Figure Artist", and I'm actually kind of anxious to see what I can do with that. Once I get some of these other drawing projects I'm currently working on finished, I plan on knuckling down with the program and learning it well enough to try implementing it into Stephanie's art. I'm not wanting to replace old fashioned hand-drawn art with the computer, but rather I'm hoping to hit a nice enough middle ground with the two. Wish me luck! smile.gif

Regardless of how you did it, that is some excellent work! I don't know what you do for a living, but you could be a professional artist. I know that I, for one, would love to see what other Stephanie drawings you have, and I'm looking forward to the Figure Artist work. Any chance you'd want to take a stab at doing a "Barefoot Sorority" piece?

--------------------
PMEmail Poster
Lou Gojira
  Posted: May 27 2009, 10:01 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (DG2001 @ May 22 2009, 05:06 PM)
Lou

The story is wonderful, amazing... it has everything: Suspense, Sci-Fi, action...and of course beautiful, hardcore barefooter girls!!!!

I love how Stephanie turns from a "good girl" into a hardcore barefooter, how her inner feelings and emotions are described, how she loves to put her helpless bare feet into perils and endurance tests...

Yes, what else can one ask for?

I hope you publish the following chapters here, for the pleasure of the forum members.

To you and Dennis: Thank you, good work!!!

Thanks for the nice words Brother! I'll see what I can do about posting more of Stephanie's story here at least. Dennis has been giving the whole epic saga a major rewrite as of late, and I'm going to have to give it all another go around myself before it goes public. All together, Stephanie's story went well over 1000 pages, and that's not an exaggeration. Who would've thought that an all-American barefoot girl-next-door could've had such a massive story in her? We sure as heck didn't when we started it years ago in e-mails! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Like Girls?
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Lou Gojira
  Posted: May 27 2009, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Southerncrossfire44 @ May 27 2009, 04:28 AM)
QUOTE (Lou Gojira @ May 22 2009, 08:39 AM)

I very recently acquired a copy of a Poser program called "Figure Artist", and I'm actually kind of anxious to see what I can do with that. Once I get some of these other drawing projects I'm currently working on finished, I plan on knuckling down with the program and learning it well enough to try implementing it into Stephanie's art. I'm not wanting to replace old fashioned hand-drawn art with the computer, but rather I'm hoping to hit a nice enough middle ground with the two. Wish me luck!  smile.gif

Regardless of how you did it, that is some excellent work! I don't know what you do for a living, but you could be a professional artist. I know that I, for one, would love to see what other Stephanie drawings you have, and I'm looking forward to the Figure Artist work. Any chance you'd want to take a stab at doing a "Barefoot Sorority" piece?

Thanks for the nice words my Bro! As for what I do for a living, growing up I always wanted to be a comic book artist...and, well, for various reasons things didn't quite go in that direction...but that's fine, because I like what I'm doing now, and I still do art both on commission and for fun. I think I have MANY miles to go before I'm as good as the hundreds of artists that have inspired me, but getting there is part of the fun I guess. cool.gif

As for The Barefoot Sorority, Bro, I'm so steeped into projects right now it'd take both an act of God and of Congress to get a little free time to take a stab, but I can post a couple more Stephanie drawings for you. This first one is part of the scene where Stephanie's making a run for home. It's just a close-up of her foot hitting a puddle, but it was a fun piece to draw...

user posted image

And this next one is an unfinished cover for chapter one. There is a lot about this piece that I wound up not liking, so I may wind up scrapping it all together...but in the meantime it's here for your viewing pleasure. I hope you like it...

user posted image

I'll post some Poser style stuff if and when I get anything worthwhile done. Thanks again for your nice words, and I hope the drawings don't disappoint. smile.gif

--------------------
Like Girls?
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Viral
Posted: May 28 2009, 05:55 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1596

What a nice surprise to lift my spirits up for the rest of the day smile.gif Thank you Lou!

On the "chapter cover" picture, is it just me or does Stephy's right foot look a little weird? It looks like her big toe's joint is broken, or she's got a bunion...

Love the "foot in puddle" drawing. The frayed jeans are priceless. What is it that makes denim go so well with bare feet?
PMEmail Poster
Viral
Posted: May 29 2009, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1596

Hey, question! So why is Ruthy's nickname "Water"? I'm thinking that she's rather "easy", if not downright slutty, so it's a dirty double entendre implying that she's always wet. Am I right?

(If I am, you guys have dirty minds, hehehe. If I am not, then I am the one with a dirty mind).
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: May 30 2009, 02:21 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Viral @ May 28 2009, 12:55 PM)
Love the "foot in puddle" drawing. The frayed jeans are priceless. What is it that makes denim go so well with bare feet?

Yes! A pretty girl, bare feet and jeans... a beautiful, sexy combination!!!

--------------------
Regards

DG
Lou Gojira
  Posted: May 30 2009, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Viral @ May 28 2009, 05:55 PM)
What a nice surprise to lift my spirits up for the rest of the day smile.gif Thank you Lou!

On the "chapter cover" picture, is it just me or does Stephy's right foot look a little weird? It looks like her big toe's joint is broken, or she's got a bunion...

You're welcome for the pics! Glad I could lift your spirits. smile.gif

About Stephanie's right foot...I'm sort of inclined to agree with you. I used a photo reference in that drawing, and in the photo the girl's foot looked fine. Translating it to line art didn't quite work as well. I'm not sure if it's a shortfall on my behalf, or the fact that sometimes things we take for granted seeing in real life in three dimensions sometimes don't make a good transfer into two dimensions. Either way, like I say I'm probably going to wind up scrapping the piece. My favorite part was how her jeans turned out, and maybe the background...other than that I think I should've tried much harder.

Thanks for the nice words about her foot in the puddle. Honestly, I don't know what makes seeing barefoot girls in blue jeans so incredibly awesome. I don't care how many times I see it, I never ever ever get tired of it. I get tired of seeing red polish, I get tired of seeing skirts, and I get tired of seeing pants rolled up to the knees, but when it comes to a barefoot girl simply wearing jeans...I don't know. I just lose it. In a good way of course! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Like Girls?
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Lou Gojira
  Posted: May 30 2009, 02:35 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Viral @ May 29 2009, 07:43 PM)
Hey, question! So why is Ruthy's nickname "Water"? I'm thinking that she's rather "easy", if not downright slutty, so it's a dirty double entendre implying that she's always wet. Am I right?

(If I am, you guys have dirty minds, hehehe. If I am not, then I am the one with a dirty mind).

Brother, if I were to come out and answer that I'd remove some of the mystery about good ol' easy Ruthy. Just stay tuned and keep on reading. I think the answer will become really obvious before it's all said and done. smile.gif

--------------------
Like Girls?
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
Lou Gojira
  Posted: May 30 2009, 02:40 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (DG2001 @ May 30 2009, 02:21 AM)

Yeap, like I say I can't put my finger on it and I won't waste time trying...barefoot girls in denim pants rule. I think it's one of those cardinal rules of being alive and appreciating girls or something. biggrin.gif

Glad you guys liked the pics. Sadly that's all I have for now of sweet lil' Stephanie, but if I can get on the ball, get some more of these projects finished, and stop playing so much Luxor in my spare time, Heaven forbid I might even get some more Stephanie drawings done! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Like Girls?
user posted image
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: May 31 2009, 03:36 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Lou Gojira @ May 30 2009, 09:40 AM)
QUOTE (DG2001 @ May 30 2009, 02:21 AM)

Yeap, like I say I can't put my finger on it and I won't waste time trying...barefoot girls in denim pants rule. I think it's one of those cardinal rules of being alive and appreciating girls or something. biggrin.gif

Glad you guys liked the pics. Sadly that's all I have for now of sweet lil' Stephanie, but if I can get on the ball, get some more of these projects finished, and stop playing so much Luxor in my spare time, Heaven forbid I might even get some more Stephanie drawings done! biggrin.gif

I'd also love to see some drawings of Jessie!!!

--------------------
Regards

DG
DG2001
Posted: Jul 20 2021, 10:54 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

I was just listening to some 80's music and it brought me back memories of this story.

It's a good one, I think several of you would enjoy it.

--------------------
Regards

DG
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) « First ... 2 3 [4]  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0101 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]