Browlzuff
Posted: Sep 7 2007, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1313

QUOTE (Ascold @ Sep 7 2007, 07:25 AM)
she is from Switzerland

Why do you think so?

She's from Switzerland. As a matter of fact, the shot was taken in Zürich at the train station "Stadelhofen". In one shot, you can see a "Forchbahn" wagon in nearly the same location as on that wikipedia picture.
In addition to that, they're clearly speaking swiss german dialect. I know all this because I live in Zürich myself. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: Oct 12 2007, 05:24 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Browlzuff @ Sep 7 2007, 04:40 AM)
she is from Switzerland

Why do you think so?

She's from Switzerland. As a matter of fact, the shot was taken in Zürich at the train station "Stadelhofen". In one shot, you can see a "Forchbahn" wagon in nearly the same location as on that wikipedia picture.
In addition to that, they're clearly speaking swiss german dialect. I know all this because I live in Zürich myself. wink.gif

Hi Browlzuff!

Would you be so kind as to translate into English what they are saying? It would be great to understand the conversation.

Thanks!

--------------------
Regards

DG
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
descult
Posted: Oct 14 2007, 07:28 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1218

PMEmail Poster
Browlzuff
Posted: Oct 19 2007, 07:38 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1313

QUOTE (DG2001 @ Oct 12 2007, 05:24 PM)
QUOTE (Browlzuff @ Sep 7 2007, 04:40 AM)
she is from Switzerland

Why do you think so?

Hi Browlzuff!

Would you be so kind as to translate into English what they are saying? It would be great to understand the conversation.

Thanks!

Hi

The translation is right there on the youtube page. I can assure you that it's pretty accurate.

regards

TRANSLATION...
Narration:
After winter is over everyone is happy to get rid of the heavy shoes and walk barefoot in Summer. Yvonne and Jasmine met Meret who is barefoot the whole year.

Narration:
Everyone may have walked around barefoot in summer. But can you imagine to be barefoot the whole year even in winter and everywhere? Meret does. How did she get the idea to do it?

Meret:
I saw other barefooters in summer and thought that I should try it. As it got to winter it pissed me off to wear shoes because they felt uncomfortable. So I thought that I could go on, although others thought that I was crazy. I am convinced that it's possible and I still walk around barefoot.

Narration:
Meret gets attention not only because she's barefoot but also because of her fashion style. How do others react?

Girl on the street:
I think it's crass. For me it would be to cold but I think she's inured.

Friend:
I also think it's crass. But if she wants to do it, she shall do it.

Girl on the street 3:
I think it's crass to walk around barefoot. I can't say if it's great or not, she has to know it for herself and I am asking myself if she doesn't feel cold but I think her style is cool.

Meret:
My classmates think I am crazy but I don't care, some think it's good, but they couldn't do it themselves.

Girl on the street:
I am shivering when I look at her, but she must have hardened feet and I wonder what's the conviction to do it, but I think it's good.

Meret:
The conviction is:
...It works
...It gives me trouble to wear shoes. They are constricting and uncomfortable.
...I haven't been ill since I started walking barefoot.

Guy on street:
If she walks around like that I surely don't care. For me it would be to cold. I already have cold hands.

Narration:
To have cold feet is nasty. But what does Meret feel if she walks barefoot through snow?

Meret:
It happens that when I get into a warm place it hurts (when it's cold outside) when the feet get warm. But it's not as bad as it is with your fingers compared to your feet. Cold fingers are worse for me.

Guy on street:
If she can stand it it's o.k. But what happens if she freezes to the ground, or in snow, or if she goes snowboarding? I wonder how she can cope with it without shoes.

Meret:
When I went sledging I used shoes because when you brake it hurts very much but otherwise not.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0122 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]