Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> barefoot at gigs
Mike123
Posted: May 2 2019, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2434

OK, I know I've got a thing about this but I found this video of a girl barefoot at a Lightening Bolt gig. These affairs look pretty full on - loud, hot, with a crush of people around the band who play on the same level as the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLlhSzjbBPY

Check her out at 10.08 where she shows her friend how she's either lost her shoes or hasn't worn any to the gig. Then again at 16.28 where the camera pans down to the floor. The best bit comes at around 21.15 to 21.25 where we get a few seconds with her feet visible and exposed in the writhing crowd. Finally we have 40.55.

What we have to remember is that while we only see glimpses of her feet she's barefoot for the whole thing, the best part of an hour.

I just wish Paul could find a girl who'd do a shoot like this. She'd go barefoot to a gig with a shod friend or two, completely oblivious to the grime and danger.

This, I feel, is barefoot girl Heaven. This is real, not posed, not modeled.

What say you all?

Mike 123
PMEmail Poster
Feetosopher
  Posted: May 3 2019, 07:48 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2618

Probably I have got different standards for the word "dangerous" as far as gigs are concerned, but the crowd at that Lightning Bolt concert looks pretty static and vanilla to me.. biggrin.gif

Maybe Pavel can get one of his models to join BAREFOOTED a Mosh Pit, Circle Pit or Wall of Death at a metal gig by, say, SLAYER or EXODUS..
even if I am afraid that he will have to cover her hospital recovery expenses afterwards, due to multiple fractures to her feet.. biggrin.gif
To get an idea of what I am talking about.. check the links below.. wink.gif

Raining Blood- SLAYER Mosh Pit Live In Greece 01/07/2013 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PByTM3vyD8
EXODUS - Extreme wall of Death @ Wacken Metal Festival 2010 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EORH8Nx6FHU
10 extreme metal crowd reactions (Huge moshpits, Walls of death, Circle pits) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PuhxRvquzU

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
bfwatcher
Posted: May 3 2019, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3209

QUOTE (Mike123 @ May 2 2019, 03:47 PM)
I just wish Paul could find a girl who'd do a shoot like this. She'd go barefoot to a gig with a shod friend or two, completely oblivious to the grime and danger.

I believe that finding a model like that wouldnīt be such a big problem but shooting the whole thing probably would. If I remember correctly, Paul has already spoken about this scenario. Apparently the footage wouldnīt be clear enough because of poor lighting. A wild crowd might be an issue as well. I canīt really imagine that Paulīs activities at a gig would go unnoticed. He might even end up without his glasses if he wears them and without his precious camera. wink.gif

Well, I have a similar dream. Ice hockey is a popular sport in Russia. Taking a barefoot girl to any KHL arena would be absolutely amazing and perhaps also slightly easier to organize...

OK, we are all at the mercy of Paulīs camera anyway. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Mike123
Posted: May 4 2019, 05:38 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2434

Fair comments Mr bfwatcher to be honest.

I'm sure with cell phone cameras being what they are, though he could get some film.

I fully agree though, that the quality and amount of film might not be up to usual CF standards as he wouldn't be able to in with his video camera

But, you know what, for the added value the whole scenario would deliver, I'd be willing to take such a 'hit'.

I'd take a night shoot in a bar, nightclub, gig anything like that. And as I say, I'd be wiling to put up with the slight compromise in the quality of the output that might be involved.

Know what I used to like too? When Paul used to do a little write up about the scenario, set up the 'story' of the shoot (so and so is meeting her friend, her friend is not wearing shoes but so and so doesn't even clock it. The day's weather was quite cool with a chilly breeze but she still wore a T-Shirt and was barefoot...) All that stuff.

Anyway, thanks for engaging with my original post. Genuine comments always welcome.

Mike123
PMEmail Poster
bfwatcher
Posted: May 5 2019, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3209

QUOTE (Mike123 @ May 4 2019, 05:38 PM)
Know what I used to like too? When Paul used to do a little write up about the scenario, set up the 'story' of the shoot (so and so is meeting her friend, her friend is not wearing shoes but so and so doesn't even clock it. The day's weather was quite cool with a chilly breeze but she still wore a T-Shirt and was barefoot...) All that stuff.

Oh yes, I miss this feature as well. I even like to add a bit of narrative to every series by myself. It can make such a difference! Once I even encouraged people on this forum to share our "stories" but got no reply.

And yes, youīre right about the cell phone cameras. I keep forgetting about those. Paul could shoot everything in a normal way and in the club use his phone. Given the fact that he seems to be much more into "real-life" plots now (Paul, stick to your guns, please! wink.gif ), who knows, he might be willing to take one of his girls to a concert or to a hockey arena, too. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0094 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]