> new site, downloading photosdoesnt work, with getright, orbit downloader
shifter
  Posted: Oct 2 2010, 09:18 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1877

Hi paul

the new site looks very good and professional, but i cannot download the photos anymore as it used to be a few days ago.

i use get-right, and orbit downloader to download all the contents
and i think it probably has something to do with the cookies / session id??
can you please check that?
the orbit downloader still works for the videos, but not for the photos.
so i think its because the link for the video contains the session id, but the link for the photos doesnt contain the id anymore

and another bug i noticed, i cannot login to the site via internet explorer (version 8) on windows vista, it only works on firefox. but thats not critical for me, because i can use firefox

i hope you can fix that photo id issue soon, or maybe you have a solution for my computer? i also downloaded the latest version of firefox and orbit downloader already to check if it works with them, but unfortunatly still not..

thanks and keep up the good work, i always come back to city-feet as a member, for me its one of the best sites in the World Wide Web
shifter smile.gif

PMEmail Poster
Paul
Posted: Oct 2 2010, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Hi shifter!

You are right regarding photo download with getright. Photos can be downloaded only with user agent with cookies enabled. So it isn't possible now to download photos with download managers. At least I don't know ones with cookies support. At the same time, video can be downloaded with download manager because video is protected with it's unique for every member's login code, included in path, instead of cookies.
These are core features of new engine, I don't plan to change this behaviour. The good alternative is to make zipped galleries available for downloading. You will not be able to download zipped gallery with getright, but this is not problem, because you can download it with browser in one click. Should I make such option?

As for IE8... I have installed on my PC both Firefox 3.6.10 and IE 8.0.6001.18943 , and I can log in to members zone using both of them. Are cookies and JavaScript enabled in your IE? Can you please email me screenshots, where this problem appears? My email is contact@city-feet.com .
PMEmail Poster
shifter
Posted: Oct 3 2010, 05:36 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

hi paul,

thanks for your reply and support,
yes, it would be a big problem solver if you could add the zip download feature. smile.gif
maybe you can think about it if you still can make the zip files "downloadmanager" compatible, that would be awesome

i´m sure you got some good and valid points for the new core, but for me, as a consumer and member of the site, the new core makes downloading content more difficult and timeconsuming. so for me, the new core is a step backwards in view of user friendly.

once again, i really love your site and your contents, and thats the reason why i´m a regular member of it.
at the end, i dont care how your website looks, or works, all that i care is that i got all the photos and videos downloaded on my hd, so that i can look and enjoy it smile.gif

about the internet explorer issue:
i´m using version 8.0.6001.18943

the main page www.city-feet.com opens, but then when i click the link to "members", the page will not open.. its searching and searching for minutes.. nothing happens

thank alot for your support
shifter
PMEmail Poster
Paul
Posted: Oct 3 2010, 09:07 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Shifter, it seems like something prevent your IE8 from accessing this page (http://www.city-feet.com/members/index). Something like firewall, antivirus e.t.c. I don't understand, why they interfere with IE only.

How many times did you try to access this page on IE? Yesterday I stopped the site several times for about 1 minute each time. May be you tried to access the site just in these moments?

If you try to load /members/index and are not logged in as member yet, you are redirected (HTTP status 302) to /members/login. May be the problem is in the fact of redirect? What URL do you see in IE8 adress bar when its searching and searching for minutes?

I've just checked other members stats and found that many of them use IE8 and don't have the same problem. So, I think, the problem is located in IE settings or other software, not in IE8 itself.
PMEmail Poster
shifter
Posted: Oct 3 2010, 11:15 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Hi Paul

i tried with the direct link now,
http://www.city-feet.com/members/index and it worked very well on IE8 now.

the redirect has not worked, i have stopped all firewall and antivirus too, and checked if java etc is on..

i tried like 2 or 3 times yesterday.. and once or twice this morning

ciao
shifter
PMEmail Poster
Paul
Posted: Oct 3 2010, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Well... you said, the direct link is working: http://www.city-feet.com/members/index.

Can you please make following in IE8:
(May be you'll do the same things in IE and FF and tell me, at which point the difference appeared?)

1. Log out from members' zone, if you are logged in. It's very important that you are not logged in for the following experiments.

2. Go to main page http://www.city-feet.com

3. Put mouse over the 'members' link in the header (below the 'updates' link and above 'our girls' link). You'll see target location in IE status string. It should be 'http://www.city-feet.com/members/index'. It's the same direct link I've posted in my previous message. Please, check, if this is true.

4. Put mouse over link 'login' near the 'Memeber: not logged in' words. The target location should be the same, 'http://www.city-feet.com/members/index'.

5. Click on the link either from p.3 or from p.4. You should be redirected to members' login form.

6. Enter login data end you'll be redirected to members' zone.

Could you please make all these things ant tell me, at which point the problems appear? I completely don't understand, how can it be that direct link from my post works, but the same links from the site page doesn't work...

I wish I shouldn't trouble you. But it seems you are the only person who is able to give me quality feedback, not only 'I can't login' smile.gif

PMEmail Poster
shifter
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 05:23 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

hi paul,

I wish I shouldn't trouble you. But it seems you are the only person who is able to give me quality feedback, not only 'I can't login' smile.gif

no worries smile.gif)

->
3. Put mouse over the 'members' link in the header (below the 'updates' link and above 'our girls' link). You'll see target location in IE status string. It should be 'http://www.city-feet.com/members/index'. It's the same direct link I've posted in my previous message. Please, check, if this is true.

the correct adress in the status bar appears, but when i click the link, ie8 trys to load, but fails

4. Put mouse over link 'login' near the 'Memeber: not logged in' words. The target location should be the same, 'http://www.city-feet.com/members/index'.

the correct link appears in the status bar, and when i click on it, ie8 loads the login site correctly

6. Enter login data end you'll be redirected to members' zone.

works

ciao
shifter
PMEmail Poster
Paul
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 05:51 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Are the other links from the header working? Or only 'members' isn't working?
PMEmail Poster
shifter
Posted: Oct 4 2010, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

all the others are working..
*strange*
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topic

[ Script Execution time: 0.0102 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]