City Feet message board

Pages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Sightings
Bremer
Posted: Nov 29 2018, 09:28 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 3843

QUOTE (dude @ Nov 29 2018, 03:54 AM)

I remember seeing a barefoot girl in New York City in chilly March weather.  It wasn't raining or snowing, but I did need to wear a winter coat.  She was probably a college student, with a rastafarian hat on and long bell-bottom jeans that made it hard to tell that she was barefoot (it was also nighttime, which made it a little tougher to see).  As best as I could tell, she had more gray soles than black, but I was still impressed to see her with no shoes on.  Otherwise, every other street feet sighting I've ever had has been May-September in warm or hot weather.

There's a Toes-In-Action video of Celeste walking around in snow.  Not sure if she regularly goes barefoot in the snow, or if she just took off her winter footwear for the shot.  It was also a different video in that Celeste's feet kept clean by the snow.  No black toes to show off to the camera!  tongue.gif

Thats truely a rare sight to you had there in NYC.

I have not seen the video of Celeste but there are many "staged" videos of barefoot girls in the snow - for me, it is also important to see pics/videos, that are not staged but that show the models in their "natural" barefoot lifestyle.
I am sure we all know Olga Gavva - always enjoy her videos as it shows a true winter barefooter, not only a model.

I remeber maybe 10 or 15 short stories in the media - tv or paper - over the last about 20 years about women, that are barefoot all year round. And maybe the same number about men.
I especially remeber 2 women, that I saw on tv maybe 15 years ago (independent of each other) that do not own and wear shoes at all - they both appeared several times in the media over the last 2 decades, the last time this year.

I personally had contact with 4 women from facebook groups or internet forums, that barefoot the year round. With three of them I had brief chats: one is a women of about 40, she did not own and wear shoes for 20 years, no matter what. The other 2 were young girls that still went to high school/started university and barefooted all year round but both put on shoes for a few snow days when frostbite on their toes started.
The other woman was about 50 and we even met once. She barefooted for about 5 years when we met and she also refused to put on shoes no matter what - even when this meant to get some frostbite. However, she had a job that made her put on safty boots once a week for a few hours.
PMEmail Poster
dude
Posted: Nov 29 2018, 07:10 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1568

QUOTE (Bremer @ Nov 29 2018, 09:28 AM)
I have not seen the video of Celeste but there are many "staged" videos of barefoot girls in the snow - for me, it is also important to see pics/videos, that are not staged but that show the models in their "natural" barefoot lifestyle.
I am sure we all know Olga Gavva - always enjoy her videos as it shows a true winter barefooter, not only a model.

Yeah, like I said, not sure if snow barefooting is normal for Celeste, but her summer barefoot style is good enough for me.

I’m also not into barefoot girls being in discomfort. Part of the appeal to me of hippies barefooting in the street is that it’s comfortable and easygoing. I don’t want to see frostbite toes (or burned toes). I just want to see toes turned black from street dirt because it feels better and is more stylish than wearing shoes.
PMEmail Poster
like_them_dirty
  Posted: Nov 30 2018, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1500

Hi. Thanks for the thread and the stories. I also happened to be in Berlin just when there was a vegan festival. True, these event are a gem, this was a barefoot eldorado! I've seen tens of barefoot girls in a day. Just an example - look at the colour of her feet (sorry for the blurry snap, had just a split second to get it).
user posted image
However, she gave everyone an opportunity to admire her dirty feet a bit later when she decided to wash her hands in the fountain. It took like a minute or so. Enough time to get a shot, this time in focus cool.gif
user posted image

I actually have many photos, but find it a bit laborious to share them here. Do you guys know about some barefoot-candid-shots-sharing-platform/site, btw?
PMEmail Poster
dude
Posted: Nov 30 2018, 02:22 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1568

QUOTE (like_them_dirty @ Nov 30 2018, 10:13 AM)
Hi. Thanks for the thread and the stories. I also happened to be in Berlin just when there was a vegan festival. True, these event are a gem, this was a barefoot eldorado! I've seen tens of barefoot girls in a day. Just an example - look at the colour of her feet (sorry for the blurry snap, had just a split second to get it).
user posted image
However, she gave everyone an opportunity to admire her dirty feet a bit later when she decided to wash her hands in the fountain. It took like a minute or so. Enough time to get a shot, this time in focus cool.gif
user posted image

I actually have many photos, but find it a bit laborious to share them here. Do you guys know about some barefoot-candid-shots-sharing-platform/site, btw?

Wow, great shot there! If you have more photos like that, please upload as many of them as you can!

That girl has some high arches, huh?
PMEmail Poster
Feetosopher
  Posted: Nov 30 2018, 02:26 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2618

Hello there.. if you want to share pictures here in the Forum in their original format, I suggest that you set up a profile on Tumblr.
The URLs of pictures featured in multiple-picture posts on Tumblr terminate with the .jpg extension; if you click the "IMG" button here in the Forum,
and paste the URL of the picture in the apposite slot, the picture will be shown here in its original format.
Any online platform where URLs of pictures terminate with the .jpg extension will allow you to post pictures in the forum in their original format wink.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Hal Heaven
Posted: Nov 30 2018, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

^ Does Tumblr really keep the original format and compression? So if you upload a 10MB photo in 24 MP it will keep this exact size? That would be amazing!
I used Photobucket for over a decade but they kept getting worse (even the paid accounts) and kept reduzing physical size of the photos and also compressing them until they looked kind of crappy.
Now I always use my own website as an file-hoster to share photos, there I have 100% control over image size and compression.

@like_them_dirty: Thanks for sharing, would be great to see more.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action.com
PMEmail Poster
bfwatcher
Posted: Dec 1 2018, 10:08 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3209

QUOTE (Bremer @ Nov 29 2018, 09:28 AM)

I personally had contact with 4 women from facebook groups or internet forums, that barefoot the year round. With three of them I had brief chats: one is a women of about 40, she did not own and wear shoes for 20 years, no matter what. The other 2 were young girls that still went to high school/started university and barefooted all year round but both put on shoes for a few snow days when frostbite on their toes started.
The other woman was about 50 and we even met once. She barefooted for about 5 years when we met and she also refused to put on shoes no matter what - even when this meant to get some frostbite. However, she had a job that made her put on safty boots once a week for a few hours.

Amazing! By the way did your friends tell you what made them go barefoot in winter? You know, I understand why they do so in summer. Walking barefoot is pleasant because feeling all sort of textures under your soles adds more variety into our mundane life. On the other hand, why would you go barefoot in subzero temperatures and risk injury? It´s horrible. I´ve already tried it and after couple of minutes it hurts real bad. Your toes are swollen in no time and apart from pain you don´t feel anything. In other words, could your friends have been into SM practicies and this self-inflicted pain was part of it? Or was it just about stretching their limits?
PMEmail Poster
bfwatcher
Posted: Dec 1 2018, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

user posted image
user posted image

Thanks a lot for your pictures. They´re brilliant! Please, try to figure out how to share also the rest of your treasure! Now you have started, it wouldn´t be fair not to go on! wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Feetosopher
  Posted: Dec 1 2018, 11:41 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2618

QUOTE (Hal Heaven @ Nov 30 2018, 10:32 PM)
^ Does Tumblr really keep the original format and compression? So if you upload a 10MB photo in 24 MP it will keep this exact size? That would be amazing!
I used Photobucket for over a decade but they kept getting worse (even the paid accounts) and kept reduzing physical size of the photos and also compressing them until they looked kind of crappy.
Now I always use my own website as an file-hoster to share photos, there I have 100% control over image size and compression.

@like_them_dirty: Thanks for sharing, would be great to see more.

-Hal-

Hello mate.. I fully agree with you about Photobucket.. it deffo sucks.
When I still used Tumblr to host my promotional pictures (which are 1800 pixel on the longest side), it did keep the original format. I think it still does.
I have switched to my own website for image hosting for the same reasons that you mentioned.. wink.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Bremer
Posted: Dec 1 2018, 03:36 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3843

QUOTE (dude @ Nov 29 2018, 07:10 PM)

I’m also not into barefoot girls being in discomfort. Part of the appeal to me of hippies barefooting in the street is that it’s comfortable and easygoing. I don’t want to see frostbite toes (or burned toes). I just want to see toes turned black from street dirt because it feels better and is more stylish than wearing shoes.

me neither - barefooting should be about pleassure, not pain. However, I am somewhat impressed by people that say "sure, barefooting through winter is painfull, but it is still the more comfortable alternative than shoes".
PMEmail Poster
phred77389
Posted: Dec 1 2018, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 2602

QUOTE (bfwatcher @ Dec 1 2018, 10:15 AM)
user posted image
user posted image

Thanks a lot for your pictures. They´re brilliant! Please, try to figure out how to share also the rest of your treasure! Now you have started, it wouldn´t be fair not to go on! wink.gif

+ 1. And thanks for what you've shared already, like_them_dirty.
PMEmail Poster
Hal Heaven
Posted: Dec 1 2018, 08:05 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

@Feetosopher: Thanks for the imformation, mate wink.gif

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action.com
PMEmail Poster
bfwatcher
Posted: Dec 1 2018, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

PMEmail Poster
kozlove2
  Posted: Dec 2 2018, 05:35 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1450

I have also visited the same vegan festival and I can confirm that there was a lot of barefooters. Here are some of them:

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
PMEmail Poster
xgaiden
Posted: Dec 2 2018, 06:03 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 3342

Thanks for sharing
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (4) 1 [2] 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0109 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]