Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Berlin Report, Forget NZ and Australia
drtyftfrk
Posted: Jul 16 2018, 12:59 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1191

Going barefoot in public in Berlin is really just a non-issue. In summer, you will see people going barefoot on a daily basis and I don't mean in the park. I mean, *everywhere* in the street, subway, stores. I've seen dirty bare feet without shoes anywhere in outdoor restaurants, dirty feet in grocery stores like it's nothing. The other day 2 filthy, scrappy backpacker dudes placed themselves outside an ALDI, strumming a guitar. They were both sitting so their feet were sticking out into the street, in front of the door of the store... their feet could not have been more filthy, like just caked black filth, like homeless shit. And nobody stares, nobody frowns, in fact I saw smiling people putting money in their cup. Getting some Turkish pizza or something... 2 barefoot chicks with totally black soles right next to you... this happens often enough you almost stop caring or thinking about it.

I was going through Kotbusser Tor, on a dense street of outdoor cafes. There were 10 or 12 people sitting out in front of one. Right in front of them, is this guy with only dirty jeans on, no shirt, and the dirtiest bare feet you can possibly imagine, just loitering in plain view... nobody cares. I can't overstate it, it's just not an issue.

I wear these worn out skinny jeans, I have foot tattoos, trying myself out doing errands barefoot... it's stunning to me how nobody gives a F***. It could not possibly be easier. And whatever you're doing, is small potatoes next to some of the 'look what the cat dragged in' characters you'll see wandering around and nobody even looks them either! It's a ultra-tolerant city... pack your bags everybody...
PMEmail Poster
thesolesearcher
Posted: Jul 16 2018, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3759

QUOTE (drtyftfrk @ Jul 16 2018, 12:59 PM)
Going barefoot in public in Berlin is really just a non-issue. In summer, you will see people going barefoot on a daily basis and I don't mean in the park. I mean, *everywhere* in the street, subway, stores. I've seen dirty bare feet without shoes anywhere in outdoor restaurants, dirty feet in grocery stores like it's nothing. The other day 2 filthy, scrappy backpacker dudes placed themselves outside an ALDI, strumming a guitar. They were both sitting so their feet were sticking out into the street, in front of the door of the store... their feet could not have been more filthy, like just caked black filth, like homeless shit. And nobody stares, nobody frowns, in fact I saw smiling people putting money in their cup. Getting some Turkish pizza or something... 2 barefoot chicks with totally black soles right next to you... this happens often enough you almost stop caring or thinking about it.

I was going through Kotbusser Tor, on a dense street of outdoor cafes. There were 10 or 12 people sitting out in front of one. Right in front of them, is this guy with only dirty jeans on, no shirt, and the dirtiest bare feet you can possibly imagine, just loitering in plain view... nobody cares. I can't overstate it, it's just not an issue.

I wear these worn out skinny jeans, I have foot tattoos, trying myself out doing errands barefoot... it's stunning to me how nobody gives a F***. It could not possibly be easier. And whatever you're doing, is small potatoes next to some of the 'look what the cat dragged in' characters you'll see wandering around and nobody even looks them either! It's a ultra-tolerant city... pack your bags everybody...

You are such a lucky guy! If I knew earlier I would've visited Berlin instead of Cologne for the German leg of my vacation in June.

My experience in Cologne was the complete opposite. I did not spot a single barefooter during my 3 days there (other than my wife). The situation was the same in Paris (expected) and Amsterdam.
PMEmail Poster
drtyftfrk
Posted: Jul 16 2018, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

I think you got very unlucky in Cologne. Like when you turned the corner, behind you was the chick with the big flowy hippie pants and no shoes. I've been to other parts of Germany in summer, it's a guarantee you'll see some bare feet and very particularly around train stations.

PMEmail Poster
dirsoles
Posted: Jul 17 2018, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 1703

Have you ever spotted barefoot chicks in the U-Bahn and S-Bahn or at the train station? The floor there is like super filthy. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster
Feetosopher
  Posted: Jul 18 2018, 07:50 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2618

QUOTE (dirsoles @ Jul 17 2018, 06:30 PM)
Have you ever spotted barefoot chicks in the U-Bahn and S-Bahn or at the train station? The floor there is like super filthy.  wink.gif

Just a negligible comment by The Feetosopher.. the topic may surely be hot for some.. yet I am always amazed when a dude who joined CF forum in 2009,
and has remained SILENT since then.. steps out to make his first comment EVER after 9 years.. smile.gif
I have stated my own explanation about these posts more than once here.. and I must say that I am ever more convinced that my explanation is correct.. smile.gif

--------------------
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
drtyftfrk
Posted: Jul 18 2018, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Feetosopher if you're referring to me that's actually not true I've posted several times...and as I recall to your comments and content as well...
PMEmail Poster
dirsoles
Posted: Jul 19 2018, 03:27 AM
Quote Post

Haha Hi Feetosopher! biggrin.gif

I joined 2009?! Wow if you don't remind me I can't even remember. Well I'm not very talkative I usually just come to read your guys' posts. But I come often so basically I'm with you. Heard you just had your birthday? So happy birthday! laugh.gif

No drtyftfrk he was talking about me. cool.gif
PMEmail Poster
Feetosopher
Posted: Jul 19 2018, 10:23 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (drtyftfrk @ Jul 18 2018, 07:21 PM)
Feetosopher if you're referring to me that's actually not true I've posted several times...and as I recall to your comments and content as well...

No @drtyftfrk.. I was referring to @dirsoles.. cheers!

--------------------
Feetosopher
  Posted: Jul 19 2018, 10:39 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (dirsoles @ Jul 19 2018, 03:27 AM)
Haha Hi Feetosopher! biggrin.gif

I joined 2009?! Wow if you don't remind me I can't even remember. Well I'm not very talkative I usually just come to read your guys' posts. But I come often so basically I'm with you. Heard you just had your birthday? So happy birthday!  laugh.gif

No drtyftfrk he was talking about me.  cool.gif

biggrin.gif hello there.. well, it's not me reminding you.. it's publicly available information on your profile.. smile.gif

Well.. based on what you wrote.. if I were in @drtyftfrk's "shoes" (not sure he wears them that often biggrin.gif )..
I'd be truly honored that a post of mine has moved you to make your FIRST comment ever on CF forum!

I am personally VERY HONORED that your SECOND comment ever was addressed at me.. and many thanks for your birthday greetings! smile.gif

I will eagerly wait for your THIRD comment ever on CF forum! Cheers! smile.gif

--------------------
Hal Heaven
Posted: Jul 24 2018, 10:57 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 124

QUOTE (drtyftfrk @ Jul 16 2018, 12:59 PM)
Getting some Turkish pizza or something... 2 barefoot chicks with totally black soles right next to you... this happens often enough you almost stop caring or thinking about it.

I think that would never happen to me --- even after decades of being into feet I can still feel my heart pumping and me getting very excited when I see barefoot women with dirty soles.

Thanks for the report about Berlin --- I should check it out, although I can't complain about my city.
I was in Leipzig and it is similar. This is an awesome barefoot summer anyway --- I think it must be the hottest and dryest summer I've ever experienced in Germany.

-Hal-

--------------------
More beautiful bare feet at Toes-in-Action.com
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0099 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]