City Feet message board

Pages: (14) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> revival of Barefoot movies list, Barefoot movies
DBF
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2495

Just saw trailer for Madison County, 2011, looks like it might have rough barefooting. Absurd horror movie of 3 hapless college kids being chased by a redneck killer wearing a pig's head, overhauls and an ax through the woods. Remake of old 70's cliches. Reviews were better than average. Might be worth it for running barefoot on gravel and rough terrain.
PMEmail Poster
Paul
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (barefootgirls @ Apr 26 2012, 08:01 AM)
saw.... river of grass..... last ight on sky it had a girl how was barefoot 80 % of the time her soles where so black as she walked back from getting a coke there is all so a seen where she and boy friend are holding cigarette in toes and passing it back and forwed to each other with there toes

What's the exact title of this movie?
PMEmail Poster
Clipper
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1507

The title should be "River of Grass" (found on imdb.com),not to be confused with the word "saw",that can be another films...

I try to find it but seem another untraceable film...
PMEmail Poster
iudicator
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1984

QUOTE (DBF @ Apr 26 2012, 04:56 PM)
Just saw trailer for Madison County, 2011, looks like it might have rough barefooting. Absurd horror movie of 3 hapless college kids being chased by a redneck killer wearing a pig's head, overhauls and an ax through the woods. Remake of old 70's cliches. Reviews were better than average. Might be worth it for running barefoot on gravel and rough terrain.

Sadly not, only in the opening sequence there is a barefoot girl, but not afterwards... sad.gif
PMEmail Poster
DBF
Posted: May 1 2012, 01:32 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Clipper @ Apr 27 2012, 12:33 PM)
The title should be "River of Grass" (found on imdb.com),not to be confused with the word "saw",that can be another films...

I try to find it but seem another untraceable film...

River of Grass is an early independent film (1994) by Kelly Riechardt who just began to break out with more widely released films Wendy and Lucy and Meeks Cutoff. River of grass is almost a homemade film .It can be found on Amazon and Ebay if you dig. Kims Video in NYC may also have copies. Kims Video is also a great source for obscure and hard to find films.
PMEmail Poster
Clipper
Posted: May 1 2012, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Thanks for the information,but I live in Italy, and here the service of video streaming of Amazon are disabled (is only possible to buy the dvd/br support,but not download it),and also the list of film for italian market are quite different from the u.s.a.

I do not know about Kims Video : it has a web site ?

PMEmail Poster
flowwer
Posted: May 1 2012, 05:14 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1285

QUOTE (Clipper @ May 1 2012, 02:04 PM)
Thanks for the information,but I live in Italy, and here the service of video streaming of Amazon are disabled (is only possible to buy the dvd/br support,but not download it),and also the list of film for italian market are quite different from the u.s.a.

Clipper, I knew you are from Italy ... believe me, finding "Io Jane, tu Tarzan" with Carmen Russo would mean having the best "extreme barefooting/barefoot superheroine" movie ever made.

If you have any idea, write me. flowwer (at) libero.it
PMEmail Poster
DBF
Posted: May 2 2012, 03:17 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (Clipper @ May 1 2012, 02:04 PM)

I mentioned both Amazon and Kim's Video for buying dvds, River of grass as far as I know is to obscure to be streamed, maybe there are some clips on YouTube .

Interestingly when Kim's Video rental dept went out of business ,it was bought by some organization in Italy ,to be kept as a film archive of historically significant film. I don't know where it is. I can do more research if you want. Kim's Video is in New York City, they ship internationally. Amazon US has River of Grass DVD for $49 US new and $14.39 used

Would also love to find Italian Tarzan.

You can download C'era una volta with Omar Sharif and Sophia Loren who plays a barefoot peasant on TNT Village. Sentimental variation of Cinderella but Sophia Loren is barefoot most of the film.
PMEmail Poster
DBF
Posted: May 11 2012, 06:13 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

More than a Miracle aka C'era Una Vota is now on the Pirate bay, film is sentimental but Sophia Loren is sultry and barefoot for most of the movie
PMEmail Poster
Clipper
Posted: May 12 2012, 10:12 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

"Pirate bay" : are you sure of this titles ?

I know "Naples bay"...

PMEmail Poster
Roose
Posted: Aug 18 2014, 01:44 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3204

In Kronos the Vampire Hunter there is a girl who walks barefoot everywhere. She is the female lead but she doesn't do much except look extremely sexy. The actress name is Caroline Munroe.

In Phase IV an old sci fi movie about ants there is also a young woman who walks barefoot the whole movie. She rides a horse in bare feet and all. I thought otherwise the movie was boring as hell but it's a cult classic and a lot of people found enjoyment in its premise. They say it was mocked in Mystery Science Theater 3000 though.

There's also the movie called Cul de Sac. It's a really good movie from Roman Polanski and there is this woman Teresa played by Françoise Dorleac, Catherine Deneuve's sister who sadly died from a car accident shortly after she completed this movie. Teresa is not barefoot the whole time but for the most part of the movie as she is held hostage in her house with her hapless husband.

A recent movie called It's a Disaster has a woman played by Rachel Boston who never wear shoes either and there is a lovely shot of her dirty bare feet in a car dashboard after walking in a garage. She is a carefree and slightly crazy vegetarian who gladly pursues her friend's boyfriend. I didn't like the movie very much to be honest. It's a dark comedy but it's not very funny. The scenes with the girl though are all wonderful.
PMEmail Poster
dougiezerts
Posted: Aug 18 2014, 01:48 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1258

I saw Phase IV, many years ago. There's a nice close-up of her feet, in it.
PMEmail Poster
Roose
  Posted: Aug 18 2014, 02:52 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3204

Indeed. The ant is crawling through her body and starts in her feet. I expected more shots with her bare feet in sight but I loved what I could get. The girl is so beautiful! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster
Clipper
Posted: Aug 18 2014, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

The Marine 2 - year 2009 : the girl of the protagonist is kidnapped,then for 3/4 of the film she try to escape barefeet

Under the skin - 2013 : in this strange and bad film Scarlett Johansson in some scene is copletely
naked (so also the feet)

The Court Jester : bad old film,but one of the protagonist is always barefeet

dougiezerts for "Phase IV" do you mean the 1974 one ? Because there is also a 2002 film with the same name (probably a remake ?)
PMEmail Poster
jwdf88
Posted: Aug 19 2014, 12:09 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1556

The new hobbit movie coming out looks like it has a barefoot scene. Hopefully the character is always barefoot rather than just the one scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSzeFFsKEt4
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (14) « First ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0118 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]