City Feet message board

Pages: (14) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> revival of Barefoot movies list, Barefoot movies
DBF
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 12:17 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2495

It's been awhile since this topic has been active ,would love to see more .Two off the top of my head are Goya's Ghost by Milos Forman 2006 . Natalie Portman is a victim of the Spanish Inquisition and is barefoot in rags with dirty feet in quite a bit of the film. There are also quite a few scenes of barefoot runaway slave girls in Spartacus season 2 Vengeance on Starz. No close ups yet,still middle of season. please feel free to add, I will try and come up with more.
PMEmail Poster
gothrocket
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 01:22 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1960

"Gone to Earth" from 1950. Search for it on the Internet and YouTube. Jennifer Jones plays a half gypsy girl who is pretty much barefoot outdoors for the entire movie, even though she dresses nicely. Lots of running around on roads, country hills, rocks, pretty much everything.
PMEmail Poster
b'ftlvr2008
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 01:23 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1385

Movie I found on YouTube with a lot of barefoot scenes starting at :30 in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAxW-Y94baY&feature=related
PMEmail Poster
DBF
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2495

QUOTE (gothrocket @ Feb 29 2012, 01:22 AM)
"Gone to Earth" from 1950. Search for it on the Internet and YouTube. Jennifer Jones plays a half gypsy girl who is pretty much barefoot outdoors for the entire movie, even though she dresses nicely. Lots of running around on roads, country hills, rocks, pretty much everything.

Yes that's a great movie bought a PAL version 5 years back, paid a lot for it. Funny it's on YouTube now . Has some nice close ups in some scenes. It was supposed to make Jennifer Jones a star. Eng Dir Micheal Powell got in a fight with David O Selznick (affair w/Jennifer Jones?) so there is an American version Called The Wild Heart

Marquise by Vera Belmont has good opening scene with Sophie Marceau as barefoot street dancer in 17th cen Paris slums. Good first 15 min, Then she get's discovered by theater troupe and makes it to Versailles. Some barefoot scenes after that but first 15 min are what make it worth watching

PMEmail Poster
Clipper
Posted: Feb 29 2012, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1507

- Butterfly 1982: has a lot of good scenes,with Pia Zadora barefeet for most of the film,on very hard surface.

- S. Darko 2009 : some good scenes of Daveigh Chase

- Black Snake Moan 2006 : Christina Ricci barefeet very often
PMEmail Poster
b'ftlvr2008
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 05:14 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1385

-True Lies: Jamie Lee Curtis barefoot most of 2nd half in factory, warehouse, encampment and car/bridge rescue scene. And on the highway.
PMEmail Poster
dude
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1568

A few brief but good scenes off the top of my head:

In the beginning of the original "The Longest Yard", Burt Reynolds beats the crap out of his woman. They're indoors, but she's barefoot, and she has dirty feet.

In "Serpico", there's a brief scene where Al Pacino moves into the West Village in Manhattan, and two hippies are on the sidewalk, both barefoot (one a guy, one a girl).

"Crocodile Dundee" has Linda Kozlowski running down the streets of Manhattan and into the subway barefoot at the end.
PMEmail Poster
daniello
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 12:48 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 1356

Huh, there is a lot of "barefoot" movies smile.gif

- "The Doors" (1991) - Meg Ryan is a barefoot hippie who walks barefoot in public

- "Night of the Iguana" (1964) - Ava Gardner is a barefoot owner of hotel - she doesn't wear anything on their feet in the whole movie!

- "Whale Rider" (2002) - Keisha Castle-Hughes performs barefoot in every scene.

- "And God Created a Woman" (1956) - Brigitte Bardot is barefoot in most of movie - even in public places

- "Million Dollar Hotel" (2000) - Milla Jovovich walks barefoot everywhere and has very dirty feet

- "Barfuss" (2005) - Johanna Wokalek walks barefoot everywhere - in streets, every public places, enters barefoot into public restrooms etc. she hasn't got any footwear in the movie.

- "Notre Dame de Paris" (1956) - Gina Lollobrigida as Esmeralda in another version of "Hunchack of Notre Dame". 100 % barefoot everywhere.
PMEmail Poster
sabalanu
Posted: Mar 2 2012, 01:41 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 194

The Million Dollar Hotel, Mila Jovovich is barefoot the whole movie, with filthy black soles. The opening scene shows it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-AqqN3aPXw (3:58)
PM
Clipper
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 10:35 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

"And God Created a Woman" (1956) - Brigitte Bardot

Brigitte Bardot was a real barefooters (and obviously a sex symbol and a star of her time..)
She rally walk barefeet douring the filming of the scenes and also on the real life,and certainly she get tough soles.I do not know about now....

Journey / Détour / Donna senza tempo 1972 : Geneviève Bujold go on a rural comunity where many woman walk/work barefeet (some time she walk barefeet too)
I have lost this film after seen,maybe some one can help me to re-found it...very difficoult because there are many other films with the same title..

Angel Fist / Kickangels / Vendetta marziale 1993 : martial art woman film,there is a fight tournament where girls fight barefeet

Ring Girls 2007 : a "docufilm" about Gina Carano,actual kickboxing girls fighter,douring her initial training,ans some her "collegue".
Douring the training are always barefeet,and I think that she have to get strong feet : in many kick type she uses the soles...
PMEmail Poster
flowwer
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 02:57 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 1285

QUOTE (Clipper @ Feb 29 2012, 10:22 PM)
- Butterfly 1982: has a lot of good scenes,with Pia Zadora barefeet for most of the film,on very hard surface.

Seen.

Talking about barefooting it's a particular movie, because not only Pia Zadora is barefoot, but somehow her CAPABILITY of staying barefoot is repeatedly focused. For example, early in the movie she's able to run away from a truck driver because she remove his boots, and they find themselves without shoes on stones, where she can run while he can't.

At a first sight the movie ... "tricked" me!
I find myself thinking "she's.... tough!!!".

But if you rewind it and play again only the "barefooting scenes", you see she's BRAVE. Not tough. wink.gif

Very good suggestion, Clipper.
PMEmail Poster
Clipper
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 04:19 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

But if you rewind it and play again only the "barefooting scenes", you see she's BRAVE. Not tough.

Effectively,re-warching the scene where she is sit behind the door,and the bottom of her feet are well visible,her soles does not seem to be callused and tough,but is also to consider that the quality of the film I get is low,and maybe some colors detail is not present due to low quality...
PMEmail Poster
DG2001
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 05:36 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4

That movie, "Butterfly", is it available online?

--------------------
Regards

DG
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteYahooMSN
flowwer
Posted: Mar 3 2012, 10:32 PM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (DG2001 @ Mar 3 2012, 05:36 PM)

how about an eDonkey link, DG?
PMEmail Poster
flowwer
Posted: Mar 4 2012, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Advanced Member

QUOTE (flowwer @ Mar 3 2012, 10:32 PM)
QUOTE (DG2001 @ Mar 3 2012, 05:36 PM)

how about an eDonkey link, DG?

I meant: I can give it to you, as I still have it in my eMule folder, shared.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic OptionsPages: (14) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0110 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]