City Feet message board

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> best of all evils: the minimal shoe
dshai001
Posted: Feb 23 2008, 07:12 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1381

I work in a small cabinetry shop with a lot of splinters usually cover the ground. I am not even required to wear steel toe shoes, and I want to go barefoot but I am not allowed because of the splinters (which would not be a problem because my soles are thick, but my boss is not so enlightened). I was wondering if anybody could reccomend something with the very minimum amount of material, almost like a moccasin but that would look like a normal shoe. I wear an old pair of chuck taylors right now, they are about the best I can find, those and some Pumas. Any other reccomendations would be very helpful. Thanks.
PMEmail Poster
barefoot
Posted: Feb 24 2008, 10:22 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1268

QUOTE (dshai001 @ Feb 23 2008, 07:12 PM)
I work in a small cabinetry shop with a lot of splinters usually cover the ground. I am not even required to wear steel toe shoes, and I want to go barefoot but I am not allowed because of the splinters (which would not be a problem because my soles are thick, but my boss is not so enlightened). I was wondering if anybody could reccomend something with the very minimum amount of material, almost like a moccasin but that would look like a normal shoe. I wear an old pair of chuck taylors right now, they are about the best I can find, those and some Pumas. Any other reccomendations would be very helpful. Thanks.

If it is only your soles he is worried about, would you get away with flip flops? Easy to kick them off when the boss isn't watching as well!
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

[ Script Execution time: 0.0114 ]   [ 11 queries used ]   [ GZIP Enabled ]