Printable Version of Topic
Click here to view this topic in its original format
City-feet members' message board > Barefoot memories&impressions > Homemade Movies

Posted by: jwdf88 Nov 4 2017, 11:16 PM
I had a little time this weekend to process some old clips I took of models in the past. I'll post them here. Here is the first one.

https://youtu.be/ePslehpk2LA

You know those days in Autumn where all seems fairly well and then ... an arctic blast comes! This did not stop Madeline. It was windy and it felt freezing because the weather was so nice the many days before.

Posted by: DG2001 Nov 5 2017, 03:02 AM
Wow, superb!

Thanks a lot for sharing this little jewel. She is so natural, so happy to be barefoot. Is she a regular barefooter? Where was this recorded, and when?

Posted by: jwdf88 Nov 5 2017, 03:13 AM
DG, this video was shot maybe 4 years ago. It was in the New England Area which is known for its Autumn Leaves, Maple Syrup, and Cold Crisp Weather. It can be scenic which is why I showed a view in the first 10 seconds of the clip. She is no stranger to being barefoot but doing so in this cold weather would not typically be something she does.

Posted by: Southerncrossfire44 Nov 5 2017, 04:45 AM
I remember Madeline from when you posted photos in the past, but this video is fantastic, too! I'm guessing those library bookshelves were like a private shoot, since it seems like no one looks at books anymore.
Madeline is a lovely girl, and she definitely seems like a natural barefooter. Was it your idea to have her wear the multiple toe rings, or did she come up with that herself?

Posted by: alyfab Nov 5 2017, 07:42 AM
Just terrific...she’s incredible

Posted by: streetfeet Nov 5 2017, 09:23 AM
Really great! One of the best vids i have seen in a while. Really pretty girl, love the toe-rings!

Looking forward to what else you have got in your collection!

Posted by: jwdf88 Nov 5 2017, 12:33 PM
QUOTE (Southerncrossfire44 @ Nov 5 2017, 04:45 AM)
I remember Madeline from when you posted photos in the past, but this video is fantastic, too! I'm guessing those library bookshelves were like a private shoot, since it seems like no one looks at books anymore.
Madeline is a lovely girl, and she definitely seems like a natural barefooter. Was it your idea to have her wear the multiple toe rings, or did she come up with that herself?

Thanks Guys.

She told me she had those toe rings custom fitted for her. She also said that they are permanently on. They don't seem to come off easily unless you have some tools handy. Interesting. I do like the library because it does offer privacy. There are a lot of college students there still studying even no-one takes out book so much anymore. I personally do not like onlookers while I work. Unfortunately, I am not as daring as in the city-feet videos. Wish I was though as having so many people around makes for a great video. I meet a lot of woman online for the first time so it makes everyone comfortable for a first meetup in a public yet private place.

Posted by: jwdf88 Nov 5 2017, 12:48 PM
Here is the next video of Kailey on a Drizzly Day.

https://youtu.be/nNXAEYVyn68

I like the slapping of the barefeet when she walks up the steps and later on the checkered floor. The style of this video is a little different then the first. I follow Kailey around. Once again I am not as daring as Paul in public so I discreetly use a small action cam which does not have a viewfinder. I sort of point and follow. Action cams have a fisheye lens which is annoying but it did offer pretty good electronic stabilization.

Posted by: Feetosopher Nov 5 2017, 02:54 PM
I remember well your models Kailey and Madeline, @jwdf88.. truly beautiful girls indeed!
IMMO, your videos are a crystal clear demonstration that "homemade" does not necessarily mean "crappy".
I find that your videos are extremely well made.. much better, from a videomaking standpoint, of a lot of
"commercial amateur" stuff I have seen around.. which is plagued by shaky, out-of-focus, terribly framed scenes.
I count a good number of my early videos posted on https://www.youtube.com/user/Feetosopher under the "crappy" label, frankly speaking..
I was born a photographer, and I have learned to make videos out of commercial needs only (an adult paysite without videos goes nowhere far).
I was especially impressed by the panoramic scenes you filmed from a great distance, zooming into Madeline every once in a while..
this is definitely an innovative approach.. I think that I will copy you.. biggrin.gif
Whatever.. all my admiration! smile.gif

Posted by: jwdf88 Nov 5 2017, 05:34 PM
QUOTE (Feetosopher @ Nov 5 2017, 02:54 PM)
I remember well your models Kailey and Madeline, @jwdf88.. truly beautiful girls indeed!
IMMO, your videos are a crystal clear demonstration that "homemade" does not necessarily mean "crappy".
I find that your videos are extremely well made.. much better, from a videomaking standpoint, of a lot of
"commercial amateur" stuff I have seen around.. which is plagued by shaky, out-of-focus, terribly framed scenes.
I count a good number of my early videos posted on https://www.youtube.com/user/Feetosopher under the "crappy" label, frankly speaking..
I was born a photographer, and I have learned to make videos out of commercial needs only (an adult paysite without videos goes nowhere far).
I was especially impressed by the panoramic scenes you filmed from a great distance, zooming into Madeline every once in a while..
this is definitely an innovative approach.. I think that I will copy you.. biggrin.gif
Whatever.. all my admiration! smile.gif

Feetosopher, glad you like the panorama shots. I definitely would of liked to experiment with it more but never got the chance. I look forward to seeing what you try out. The only thing is that when I zoomed in like 10X, the camera shake was also 10X, so if I ever try it out again, I am bringing a tripod. And I'll give my model an earpiece and I can instruct her via cell while my cell is on speaker. That would be fun as I can say "go there" or "there" while I can instruct,sit,relax, and film. Like a director laugh.gif
I agree that shake and quality is what really holds back many barefoot videos greatly. The very nature of barefoot videos is you usually have to follow the girl but that often leads to a video which makes me want to hurl afterwards since it makes me dizzy. I actually really like the "Violacea's fast barefoot walk on gravel" video on your youtube channel. It is like the camera is floating behind the model. I also like that you clearly show dirty sole closeups for enough time. Many youtube barefoot videos are very shaky and do not bother to show the dirty soles adequately afterwards. At most the women on the youtube videos will only lift up their sole for a brief second ... and once again the viewer is disoriented from seeing it so briefly and from the sudden quick scenery change.

Posted by: Feetosopher Nov 5 2017, 06:07 PM
QUOTE (jwdf88 @ Nov 5 2017, 05:34 PM)
Feetosopher, glad you like the panorama shots.  I definitely would of liked to experiment with it more but never got the chance.  I look forward to seeing what you try out.  The only thing is that when I zoomed in like 10X, the camera shake was also 10X, so if I ever try it out again, I am bringing a tripod.  And I'll give my model an earpiece and I can instruct her via cell while my cell is on speaker.  That would be fun as I can say "go there" or "there" while I can instruct,sit,relax, and film.  Like a director  laugh.gif
I agree that shake and quality is what really holds back many barefoot videos greatly.  The very nature of barefoot videos is you usually have to follow the girl but that often leads to a video which makes me want to hurl afterwards since it makes me dizzy.  I actually really like the "Violacea's fast barefoot walk on gravel" video on your youtube channel.  It is like the camera is floating behind the model. I also like that you clearly show dirty sole closeups for enough time.  Many youtube barefoot videos are very shaky and do not bother to show the dirty soles adequately afterwards.  At most the women on the youtube videos will only lift up their sole for a brief second ... and once again the viewer is disoriented from seeing it so briefly and from the sudden quick scenery change.

biggrin.gif I will practice next spring.. smile.gif

I am not good at keeping my camera (I film with my Nikon D5100, which makes very good HD videos) steady while walking to chase the models..
that video starring VIOLACEA was made with my old Konica-Minolta DImage A1, which was much lighter.. and it was a stroke of luck that I did not stumble upon something while chasing VIOLACEA.. biggrin.gif

As I wrote, I have a "photographic" approach to my videos.. I often sit or stand, using a tripod.
You may like it or not, but at least watching my videos does not make you seasick! biggrin.gif

Posted by: turnbullrush Nov 5 2017, 10:06 PM
Jwdf88, your candid and original material have been some of the all-time best in the community. I've been a fan for years. Thank you for sharing!

Posted by: DG2001 Nov 6 2017, 07:21 AM
Jwdf88, thanks a lot for sharing these great videos!

I was really surprised by the cleanliness of Kailey's university...and then... wow!!!!

http://img161.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45275_Kayley01_122_97lo.JPGhttp://img263.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45275_Kayley02_122_206lo.JPGhttp://img129.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45277_Kayley03_122_1036lo.JPGhttp://img169.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45277_Kayley04_122_740lo.JPG
http://img163.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45278_Kayley05_122_215lo.JPGhttp://img267.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=45279_Kayley06_122_506lo.JPG

Hope you don't mind me taking these wonderful screencaps!

Posted by: jwdf88 Nov 7 2017, 12:09 AM
turnbullrush, thanks for the appreciation. It always motivates me to continue barefoot women filming.

DG, I do not mind you making screenshots. I am glad others appreciate Dirty Soles like me. Some people just prefer the barefooting outside only. But I prefer both. Yes I like to term her soles "oily sooty parking garage soles". Barefoot in the rain is fun but it makes it too clean outside!

Posted by: Southerncrossfire44 Nov 8 2017, 02:58 PM
Interesting about Madeline's toe rings. If a girl gets them permanently fitted, you just know she wants to show them off!

Posted by: Hal Heaven Nov 8 2017, 03:16 PM
@Southerncrossfire44: Yes, I was thinking the same thing biggrin.gif I also know a couple of women who never remove their toe rings.
One of them is Paula, a women who is also on my website. I shot her years ago (and she had a permanent toe ring) and then met her a couple of weeks ago while she was barefoot on the local flea market and she was still wearing the exact same ring on the same toe.

@jwdf88: Great video, thanks a lot for sharing. Do you have any photos of Madeline's toes from a top view? She seems to have really pretty pedicured nails but unfortunately we only get a short glimpse from a side view. Thanks!

-Hal-

Posted by: jwdf88 Nov 9 2017, 12:34 AM
Hal, I do not have to many top views. I only have these from another photoshoot which I did post in the past.

user posted image

user posted image

Posted by: jwdf88 Nov 9 2017, 12:55 AM
Here is a quick video:

https://youtu.be/dbXrSSyrKnk

It is not as good at the first two only because it was in my early days. Resolution is low and this video is for sole lovers only.

Early on I did not film much barefooting because I did not have any techniques down and my video cameras were not really that great. So the video is basically a sole show. Nowadays I think the perfect video tells a story of barefooting - following a girl through public places. The finale of the video shows the soles and the "results" of the walk. I do not like videos that do not have both. This early video unfortunately only has very little of going up the stairs. So hopefully someone appreciates this video.

At least there is an interesting story about this woman. She was 32'ish I believe and had size 10 and half feet (US). She is in a local band and said sometimes she sings barefoot. The night before she did a foot scrub and treatment. I neglected to tell her that I like tough/dirty/barefootung feet! Despite that her soles still had this texture that said she was a barefooter (it looks leathery). In fact the indoor sole show part is exactly how her soles looked when I met her. She had dirty soles already for the shoot and I did not ask her too nor did she know that I liked that. Obviously a real barefooter at times.

Posted by: Hal Heaven Nov 15 2017, 04:45 PM
Thanks a lot for sharing those toe pictures, really appreciate it. Her toes are very pretty.
Are you still in touch with her?

-Hal-

Posted by: jwdf88 Nov 15 2017, 11:42 PM
Hal, unfortunately I have lost touch with her after 4 years. I have her email and such and I heard she was still modeling recently, but have not contacted her in 4 years since I do not live close to her anymore.

Posted by: DBF Nov 16 2017, 06:23 AM
Yes things change and models come and go. The main thing is that your vision your eye your aesthetic ,however you want to describe it is good pursue it no matter what. You're talented and you've got a good eye! Let's see some new images

Posted by: jwdf88 Nov 25 2017, 03:05 AM

Here is a video I made of Sandra who I posted a little bit in the past. Advance past 2:40 if the clean sole show does not interest you.

https://youtu.be/sA44lLkVCxo

Posted by: Southerncrossfire44 Nov 25 2017, 04:56 AM
Sandra is another beautiful girl! We're so lucky that she posed for you. I'm sure it's mostly the camera angle, but her feet look comically huge at the beginning of the video. Of course, I'm not complaining ;-)

Posted by: jwdf88 Nov 25 2017, 01:03 PM
I would say the camera angle is part of the explanation. I like the IYF (In your face) perspective. The camera is much closer to the feet making them look even bigger. But she does have big feet which I like. She has size 10 US feet which is a quite big for her height 5'6" and thin frame. But her feet are very narrow which makes them look much much bigger. She is definitely a beautiful girl nonetheless.

Posted by: DG2001 Mar 18 2018, 08:32 PM
Hi JWD!

Got any new videos on the channel? The ones you posted are great ones!

Posted by: DBF Mar 20 2018, 05:53 PM
QUOTE (Feetosopher @ Nov 5 2017, 06:07 PM)
Feetosopher, glad you like the panorama shots.  I definitely would of liked to experiment with it more but never got the chance.  I look forward to seeing what you try out.  The only thing is that when I zoomed in like 10X, the camera shake was also 10X, so if I ever try it out again, I am bringing a tripod.  And I'll give my model an earpiece and I can instruct her via cell while my cell is on speaker.  That would be fun as I can say "go there" or "there" while I can instruct,sit,relax, and film.  Like a director  laugh.gif
I agree that shake and quality is what really holds back many barefoot videos greatly.  The very nature of barefoot videos is you usually have to follow the girl but that often leads to a video which makes me want to hurl afterwards since it makes me dizzy.  I actually really like the "Violacea's fast barefoot walk on gravel" video on your youtube channel.  It is like the camera is floating behind the model. I also like that you clearly show dirty sole closeups for enough time.  Many youtube barefoot videos are very shaky and do not bother to show the dirty soles adequately afterwards.  At most the women on the youtube videos will only lift up their sole for a brief second ... and once again the viewer is disoriented from seeing it so briefly and from the sudden quick scenery change.

I am not good at keeping my camera (I film with my Nikon D5100, which makes very good HD videos) steady while walking to chase the models..
that video starring VIOLACEA was made with my old Konica-Minolta DImage A1, which was much lighter.. and it was a stroke of luck that I did not stumble upon something while chasing VIOLACEA.. biggrin.gif

As I wrote, I have a "photographic" approach to my videos.. I often sit or stand, using a tripod.
You may like it or not, but at least watching my videos does not make you seasick! biggrin.gif

For technique try a WiFi enabled camera. If you have an iPhone, iPad Mini, or Android phone you can do a lot such as using the phone or iPad as both an external monitor and remote control. Using an external monitor is great as the image is much larger than the cameras LCD screen, it's also good for filming discretely -wear the camera around your neck and shoot from there, as you are looking at a phone or iPad most people will assume you are not filming, this also works with fold out LCD screens if you wear the camera around your neck and film just above your waist. This is also good for candids of women who are going barefoot. Nothing is more conspicuous than holding a camera up to your eye. Also try a function called focus tracking which many cameras have, to keep the models feet in focus. If your camera doesn't have WiFi you can buy an Eyefi card or other WiFi enabled SD card and have many of the same functions -remote and external monitor. Finally for really inconspicuous shooting try a GoPro-the camera is tiny ,easily hidden has a very wide lens and many apps for remote shooting

Posted by: Feetosopher Mar 24 2018, 03:16 PM
QUOTE (DBF @ Mar 20 2018, 05:53 PM)
QUOTE (Feetosopher @ Nov 5 2017, 06:07 PM)

For technique try a WiFi enabled camera. If you have an iPhone, iPad Mini, or Android phone you can do a lot such as using the phone or iPad as both an external monitor and remote control. Using an external monitor is great as the image is much larger than the cameras LCD screen, it's also good for filming discretely -wear the camera around your neck and shoot from there, as you are looking at a phone or iPad most people will assume you are not filming, this also works with fold out LCD screens if you wear the camera around your neck and film just above your waist. This is also good for candids of women who are going barefoot. Nothing is more conspicuous than holding a camera up to your eye. Also try a function called focus tracking which many cameras have, to keep the models feet in focus. If your camera doesn't have WiFi you can buy an Eyefi card or other WiFi enabled SD card and have many of the same functions -remote and external monitor. Finally for really inconspicuous shooting try a GoPro-the camera is tiny ,easily hidden has a very wide lens and many apps for remote shooting

Thank you for the tips but.. I doubt that I will ever put any of them in practice.
Please do not take it as The Feetosopher's customary arrogance biggrin.gif
As I wrote, I like my "out of the pack" approach to videomaking.. and given that it seems to satisfy my subscribers.. I am gonna stick to it.. cool.gif

Posted by: jwdf88 Mar 29 2018, 10:32 PM

Hey DG,

Here is all I have for now:
https://youtu.be/sJQHbBR3VV4

I'll hopefully have more now in the near future since the weather is slowly getting better.

This video is not too much. The quality is not as great either because it is a candid. I was walking around town and I saw this college girl go barefoot. Later in the video she holds her shoes as she prepares to enter a building.

Posted by: DG2001 Mar 30 2018, 05:29 PM
QUOTE (jwdf88 @ Mar 29 2018, 05:32 PM)
Hey DG,

Here is all I have for now:
https://youtu.be/sJQHbBR3VV4

I'll hopefully have more now in the near future since the weather is slowly getting better.

This video is not too much. The quality is not as great either because it is a candid. I was walking around town and I saw this college girl go barefoot. Later in the video she holds her shoes as she prepares to enter a building.

Hey JWD!

Thanks a lot, nice video!

Looking forward to new ones.